Dr. Stephen Barry Sondike MD
Adolescent Specialist | Adolescent Medicine830 Pennsylvania Ave Suite 103 Charleston WV, 25302
Dr. Stephen Sondike is an adolescent specialist practicing in Charleston, WV. Dr. Sondike works with patients who are in the adolescent age, or generally between the ages of 11 and 19 years old. As an adolescent-specialist, Dr. Sondike treats many common health issues that pre-teens and teenagers face, from mental, to behavioral, to physical conditions. Some of these issues may include growth and hormone problems, sports injuries, eating disorders, substance abuse and more. Adolescent specialists perform medical exams, histories and diagnostic tests, and develop individualized treatment plans for each patient.
Education and Training
State University of New York Downstate College of Medicine MD
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Adolescent Medicine
- Obtaining a history of sexual victimization from adolescent females seeking routine health care.
- Pediatric and adolescent obesity: an increasing problem.
- Final diagnosis: polymigratory arthritis, gastrointestinal ulcers, cholecystitis, and severe hypoalbuminemia secondary to Henoch-Schönlein purpura.
- Weight loss regimens that control for carbohydrate quality or quantity: a review.
- In defense of metabolic syndrome.
- Rhabdomyolysis in an adolescent with nonpurging bulimia nervosa.
- Exercise intolerance in obese children--is it asthma?
- Occurrence of vitamin D deficiency in pediatric patients at high risk in West Virginia.
- Pulmonary nocardiosis in an adolescent patient with Crohn's disease treated with infliximab: a serious complication of TNF-alpha blockers.
- Obesity, Hypertension and Metabolic Syndrome in Children in West Virginia.
- Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Adolescent Medicine-Pediatrics; Long Island Jewish Med Ctr, Pediatrics
Dr. Stephen Barry Sondike MD's Practice location
Charleston, WV 25302Get Direction
AKRON, OH 44308Get Direction
Dr. Stephen Barry Sondike MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Sondike
- Can I Live Without a Bladder if I Have Bladder Cancer?
The bladder is the organ in the human body that stores urine temporarily to be released later through the urethra. It is, therefore, a very important part of the body. Unfortunately, in some cases of bladder cancer, the bladder has to be removed.The removal of the urinary bladder is done through a...
- The Importance of Circumcision
Do You Need a circumcision?All male are born with a foreskin. It is a mass of skin that covers the glans of the penis. This is a covering that grows with time as the child grows. Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin leaving the head of the penis exposded. Circumcision has been...
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- What Causes Asthma?
Asthma refers to the chronic inflammatory disease of the respiratory system. The causes for asthma differ depending on the individual. During an asthma attack, the airways become narrow, inflamed, and begin to fill with mucus. This makes breathing a difficult task, and leads to coughing and...
- Genital Warts: Is It an STD?
Genital warts are an STI, also known as a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by specific strains of HPV, also known as the human papillomavirus. In appearance, genital warts are soft growths that appear in the genital region. These growths on the skin can result in discomfort, pain, and...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- Ms. Ann M. Lambernedis M.D,303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560
- Dr. Denise Nicole Young M.D.303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560
- Dr. Joseph Henry Matusic M.D.830 Pennsylvania Ave Charleston WV 25302
- Dr. Afif S Habash MD4920 MACCORKLE AVE SE CHARLESTON WV 25304
- Mrs. Pamela S. Stallo M.D.303 Great Teays Blvd Scott Depot WV 25560