Dr. Vani Sundaram Menon MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology1066 N Hermitage Ave 1r Chicago IL, 60622
Dr. Vani Menon practices Pediatric Urology in Chicago, IL. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Menon is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Menon performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
- Role of resection and primary anastomosis of the left colon in the presence of peritonitis (Br J Surg 2000; 87: 1580-4).
- Benign scrotal pathology: should all patients undergo surgery?
- Value and cost of follow-up after adjuvant treatment of patients with Dukes' C colonic cancer (Br J Surg 2001; 88: 101-6).
- Prospective study of primary anastomosis following sigmoid resection for suspected acute complicated diverticular disease (Br J Surgery 2001;88:693-7).
- Laparoscopic fundoplication: learning curve and patient satisfaction.
- Sarcoma of the uterus metastasising to the spleen--an unusual cause for splenomegaly.
- Umbilical hernia in adults: day case local anaesthetic repair.
- Sex-based analysis of the outcome of laparoscopic cholecystectomy for acute cholecystitis (Br J Surg 2005; 92: 463-466).
- Letter 2: Randomized clinical trial comparing feeding jejunostomy with
- Gastrointestinal bleeding in a pregnant woman: mucinous cystic neoplasm of pancreas mimicking gastrointestinal stromal tumor of stomach.
Dr. Vani Sundaram Menon MD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60622Get Direction
AUSTIN, TX 78723Get Direction
Dr. Vani Sundaram Menon MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Menon
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What to Expect After a Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy is a type of surgery that aims to correct the swelling that occurs in the scrotum. This procedure is done to repair a hydrocele.What is a hydrocele?A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac that is located around the testicles. The accumulation of fluid in the testicles is common, especially...
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- Ms. L. Suzanne Flom MD8901 Golf Rd Des Plaines IL 60016
- Dr. William E Kaplan MD2300 N Childrens Plz Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Derek John Matoka MD2160 S 1st Ave Maywood IL 60153
- Dr. Mohan Saheb Gundeti M.D.5841 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Dr. John The baptist Houston MD2350 N Lincoln Ave Chicago IL 60614
- Dr. Marc Bjurlin DO1900 W Polk St Chicago IL 60612