Mary Callsen, M.D., practices internal medicine at Johns Hopkins Community Physicians Downtown Bethesda. She received her medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine, and complet ...
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine- 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 1984
- Brooke Army Medical Center 1984
Dr. Mary Elizabeth Callsen's Practice location
Chevy Chase, MD 20815Get Direction
Dr. Mary Elizabeth Callsen's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- What Does Triamcinolone Treat?
Triamcinolone topical is used for the treatment of various skin conditions and their symptoms, such as redness, inflammation, itching, and other discomforts. This topical medication is also a corticosteroid and only available through prescription. Other available forms of triamcinolone are:...
- Lifting Weights Helps the Elderly to Maintain Muscle Mass
According to a recent study, people who are above 60-years-old should exercise more than younger adults to maintain healthy muscle mass. Lifting weights will help them to maintain the mass and size of muscles, reports the study. Study co-researcher and physiologist Marcas Bamman, PhD, of the...
- Do Women Need Additional Supplements?
Women try to include more healthy options in their diet — fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains. Many experts still advise women to concentrate on healthier diets, rather than focusing on pills and supplements.MultivitaminsMany experts were of the opinion that multivitamin...
- Your Friends Can Influence Your Drinking Habits
Analysis of data from the famous Framingham Heart Study showed that friends, relatives and others with whom you hang out with decide how much of alcohol you drink, if you drink alcohol. In this study, 12,067 people were followed up for more than 30 years to study the association between lifestyle...
- Should I Take a Folic Acid Supplement?
Formerly known as folacin, folate is the generic term for both folate and folic acid. It is a B vitamin, which is important for the growth and metabolism of cells. Studies have shown that many people do not get enough folic acid from diet alone.Why do people take folic acid supplements?For pregnant...
- Dr. Sharon A. Scanlon MD5530 WISCONSIN AVE CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. Jacinta D. Elder M.D.4701 Sangamore Road Bethesda Maryland 20815
- Dr. Lila Teresa Mcconnell MD5530 Wisconsin Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815
- Dr. Visha Dinesh MD5530 WISCONSIN AVE STE 530 CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. Deepika Shah MD, MPH2 WISCONSIN CIR CHEVY CHASE MD 20815
- Dr. James Henry Brodsky M.D.4701 Willard Ave Chevy Chase MD 20815