Dr. Satyanarayan Hegde practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Gainesville, FL. Dr. Hegde treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr. Satyanarayan Hegde MD's Practice location
Little Rock, AR 72205Get Direction
CHICAGO, IL 60637Get Direction
Dr. Satyanarayan Hegde MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Lung Cancer? Get the Facts
The Nature of Cancerous CellsEvery cell in the human body is programmed to carry out a specific role. For example, a red blood cell carries oxygen to tissues, a white blood cell wards off infection, and an intestinal cell absorbs nutrients in the digestive tract. All these cells are programmed to...
- Epinephrine for Quick Croup Relief
Croup is a childhood illness that can cause distress to children, especially at night. It is characterized by stridor and a barking cough. This viral condition results in laryngeal and tracheal swelling.Although most cases of croup are successfully managed at home, there are still cases where...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Children Who Have Low Levels of Vitamin D Are at Risk for Infection
A new study has shown that infants who are 3-months-old and have vitamin D levels lower than 25 nanomoles per liter (nmol/L) are two times more likely to have respiratory infections, when compared to children who have levels above 75 nmol/L. In this study, published in the journal Pediatrics,...
- How to Know if It’s Croup or Whoop
Croup is often characterized by a barking cough sound, which resembles the sound produced by seals. This childhood condition is often caused by a virus that often starts from the nose or mouth, and goes down to the vocal cords and windpipe. The affected areas become inflamed, swollen, and sore that...
- Dr. Mutasim N. Abu-hasan MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Mary H Wagner MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Pamela Margaret Schuler MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Mai Kamal El mallah MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Sarah E Chesrown MD1600 SW Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610
- Dr. Sreekala Prabhakaran MD1600 Sw Archer Rd Gainesville FL 32610