Joseph C Pennington M.D.
Cardiac Electrophysiologist | Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology2600 Glasgow Ave Suite 104 Newark DE, 19702
Dr. Joseph Pennington is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Newark, DE. Dr. Pennington performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1991
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1991
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Vascular Disease
- Mcp Hahnemann Univ, Cardiac Electrophysiology; Allegheny Univ Hosps, Cardiovascular Diseases; Christiana Care Hlth Servs Inc, Internal Medicine; Lancaster Gen Hosp, Family Medicine
- Christiana Care Health Servs Inc
Joseph C Pennington M.D.'s Practice location
Newark, DE 19702Get Direction
WILMINGTON, DE 19805Get Direction
Joseph C Pennington M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pennington
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- What Is a Bubble Study?
What is a bubble study?A bubble study is a type of echocardiogram, which is the ultrasound of the heart. An echocardiogram is done to visualize the heart and its surrounding areas. Better images of the heart can be produced when a “contrast” is used during the echocardiogram. In a bubble study,...
- Atrial Fibrillation: What is a Catheter Ablation?
Atrial fibrillation - also known as AF or a-fib - is a medical condition that affects the rhythm of the heart. Problems that affect the rhythm of the heart cause a condition known as arrhythmia. This condition often causes irregular blood flow. It is quite common, with more than 200,000 cases in the...
- Stephen Michael Blumberg M.D.701 Foulk Rd Wilmington DE 19803
- Henry L Weiner M.D.86 Omega Dr Newark DE 19713
- Roger Kerzner MD252 Chapman Road Newark DE 19702
- Raymond E Miller M.D.Omega Professional Center Newark DE 19713
- Piamsook Angkeow M.D.252 CHAPMAN ROAD WILMINGTON DE 19702
- Anand S. Kenia M.D.252 Chapman Road Newark DE 19702