Dr. Rimvydas Gilvydis is a radiologist practicing in Rockford, IL. Dr. Gilvydis specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
University of Michigan B.S. Biochemistry 1990
Wayne State School of Medicine M.D. 1994
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Ultrasound Vein Mapping
- Endovenous Laser Ablation (EVLA/EVLT)
- Varicose Eczema
- Varicose Ulcer
- Varicose Vein Ablation
- Varicose Veins Treatment
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency Treatment and Management
- Dvt (deep Vein Thrombosis)
- Leg Swelling
- Venous Stasis Ulcers
- Vein Consult
- Board Certified American Board of Venous & Lymphatic Medicine
- Professional Member Society of Interventional Radiology
- Professional Member American College of Phlebology
- Professional Member American Society of Neuroradiology
- Professional Member Radiological Society of North America
- Professional Member American Medical Association
- St. Joseph Mercy Health System Diagnostic Radiology
- Rush University Medical Center Vascular & Interventional Radiology
- Mallinckrodt Institute of Radiology Neuroradiology
Rimvydas Gilvydis MD's Practice location
Rockford, IL 61104Get Direction
Geneva, IL 60134Get Direction
Sycamore, IL 60178Get Direction
Rockford, IL 61107Get Direction
Rimvydas Gilvydis MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Patrizio Capasso MD2400 N Rockton Ave Rockford IL 61103
- Paul Mark Christensen M.D.444 Roxbury Road Rockford IL 61107
- Martin A. Urban M.D.3849 N Perryville Rd Rockford IL 61114
- Mark Warren Hiser M.D.444 Roxbury Road Rockford IL 61107
- Eugene Alfano Silva M.D.444 Roxbury Road Rockford IL 61107
- Gudmundur Steinar Gudmundsson M.D.444 Roxbury Road Rockford IL 61107