Dr. James Cunningham practices Pediatric Pulmonology in Fort Worth, TX. Dr. Cunningham treats children who have breathing problems, or a problem with his or her lungs. Pediatric pulmonologists often treat children with chronic cough, difficulty breathing, recurring pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, apnea, chronic lung disease in premature infants, noisy breathing, and conditions that require special equipment to monitor and/or help with breathing at home.
Education and Training
Univ of Tx Med Branch Galveston, Galveston Tx 1981
Texas A&M University, TX 1981
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- University Med Ctr, Pediatric Pulmonology; Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Pediatrics
- University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center Program
Dr. James C Cunningham MD's Practice location
Fort Worth, TX 76104Get Direction
Dr. James C Cunningham MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Chickenpox Vaccination Shows Indirect Benefits on Infants
Infants who are too young to receive a chickenpox vaccination are protected by the indirect benefits of routine vaccinations taken for older children, a new study shows. In 1995, a single dose of chickenpox vaccination was recommended for children older than one year. A second dose for this...
- Antidepressants Taken During Pregnancy can Raise the Risk of Lung Conditions in Newborns
Some of the popular antidepressants used during pregnancy may raise the risk of a rare but serious lung condition in newborns, according to a new report. In this study, researchers analyzed the data of almost 1.6 million births in five Nordic countries available at the national registry. The...
- Croup: Making a Diagnosis
Croup is a common viral infection among children. It causes inflammation and swelling of the trachea (windpipe) and larynx (throat). As a result, a barking cough and noisy breathing often occur. Children under five years old are the most susceptible to the condition.Children who contract croup...
- What Are the Early Signs of Lung Cancer?
Lung cancer allows a five-year survival limit, and that is if the disease has not spread elsewhere in the body. This is all the more reason to be alert to early warnings of cancer’s approach. With early detection, cancer survival ratings improve remarkably.1. Misery and mood swingsCarrying the...
- Home Treatments for Croup
Children, especially the younger ones are prone to have croup. It is a viral infection that causes swelling and inflammation of the vocal cords. Croup is characterized by a bad cough that resembles a barking seal and difficulty in breathing. The virus that causes croup is also the same virus that...
- What is Cystic Fibrosis?
Cystic fibrosis is a life-threatening, inherited disorder, which affects the secretory glands producing mucus and sweat. Fluids secreted by the glands are usually thin. In this disease, the secretions become thick and sticky and block all passageways and ducts, particularly of the lungs and...
- Dr. Nancy N Dambro MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Maynard C Dyson MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. John K Pfaff MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Shailendra Das D.O.1500 COOPER ST FORT WORTH TX 76104
- Dr. Sami K w Hadeed MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104
- Dr. Karen D Schultz MD1500 Cooper St Fort Worth TX 76104