Dr. Nasir Shariff is a cardiologist practicing in Allentown, PA. Dr. Shariff specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Shariff also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Nasir Shariff MD's Practice location
Allentown, PA 18105Get Direction
TACOMA, WA 98405Get Direction
Nasir Shariff MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Causes and Treatment of Hypolipidemia
What is cholesterol?Cholesterol is primarily produced in the liver, which makes approximately 1,000 milligrams of cholesterol per day. However, it can also be produced by the cells lining the small intestines and also by each cell present in the body. Abnormally low cholesterol levels would mean...
- What Is an Arrhythmia?
An arrhythmia is the violations of the frequency, rhythm, and sequence of heart contractions.Why do arrythmias occur?...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Ten Potential “Heartbreakers”
Although heredity and age can contribute to the demise of a healthy heart, there are still some precautions you can take to prevent heart disease. Some precautions include:1. SmokingSmoking has a profound effect on an individual's blood pressure, and it can also cause blood clots. A smoker may also...
- What You Need to Know About Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
What is CHD?Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the disease that develops when there is an insufficient oxygen supply to the heart muscle by the coronary arteries. The most common reason for this is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries with cholesterol plaques formation and narrowing of the arterial...
- Alternative Treatments for Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a condition that causes abnormal vibrations in the heart chambers. It leads to changes in the heartbeat ratesand the pulse. As a result, it may cause clotting of blood in the heart chambers. Such quivering sensations are mostly experienced in the atria and ventricle chambers...
- Gerard Abate M.D.315 S 33rd St Allentown PA 18104
- Farhad Elmi M.D.2001 Fairview Ave Easton PA 18042
- Kenneth P. Skorinko MD2649 Schoenersville Road Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017
- John Mannisi MD2649 Schoenersville Rd Bethlehem PA 18017
- Shehzad Malik M.D.1249 S. Cedar Crest Blvd Allentown PA 18104
- Christopher L. Sarnoski D.O.1469 8TH AVE BETHLEHEM PA 18018