Dr. Srikanth Tamma, MD
Oncologist | Medical Oncology1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Srikanth Tamma is an oncologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Tamma specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Tamma manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Kasturba Medical College Mangalore 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
- Chronic Pain
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Stomach Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Permanent Removal Of Ingrown Toenails
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
- Wayne State University School of Medicine Program
- Wayne State University/ Sinai-Grace Hospital
- Ochsner Medical Center
Dr. Srikanth Tamma, MD's Practice location
Kenner, LA 70065Get Direction
Dr. Srikanth Tamma, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Tamma
- Is Ovarian Cancer Genetic?
What is Ovarian Cancer?Ovarian cancer is a very dangerous disease that occurs when malignant cells are found in the ovaries. It effects mostly women from 60-63 years old, but can happen to a woman of any age. Ovaries are a pair of organs that produce fertile hormones and eggs in women. Because...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- Exposure to DDT Increases the Risk of Testicular Cancer
Men exposed to the remnants of DDT, a once popular pesticide, have an increased risk of testicular cancer, according to a study published in Journal of the National Cancer Institute. The study shows that men who have high levels of DDT by-product, dichlorodiphenyldichloroethylene (DDE), have a 1.7...
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Raises Money to Pay Bills for Others Who Need Care
Medical care in the United States is among one of the most expensive in the world. Even when receiving preventative care, bills can quickly rack up and become overwhelming for the average family. Imagine what happens when a terrible disease strikes.The cost of treatment deadly illnesses such as...
- What Causes Ovarian Cancer?
Doctors and scientists still hadn’t found the exact causes of ovarian cancer, but there are a few risk factors that may be closely connected to this disease. The epithelial type of ovarian cancer is the most common among women of every age. Women above their 60s are at highest risk, while those...
- Dr. Edgardo Santos MD1415 TULANE AVE NEW ORLEANS LA 70112
- Dr. Nagarajan Chandrasekaran MD4513 WESTBANK EXPY MARRERO LA 70072
- Dr. Lowell Brian Anthony M.D.200 W Esplanade Ave Kenner LA 70065
- Dr. Sujal Shah MD1430 Tulane Ave # Sl-78 New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Nelly A. Aoun M.D.4513 WESTBANK EXPRESSWAY MARRERO LA 70072
- Dr. Sophy Ann Jancich MD120 OCHSNER BLVD STE 310 GRETNA LA 70056