Dr. Francesco Califano MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease350 Engle St Englewood NJ, 07631
Dr. Francesco Califano practices Pulmonology in Englewood, NJ. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Califano manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma Med School Rome Italy MD
Universita Degli Studi Di Roma Med School Rome Italy 1994
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center
- UMDNJ-Robert Wood Johnson Medical School Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Francesco Califano MD's Practice location
Dr. Francesco Califano MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Califano
- Cystic Fibrosis Exacerbations: A Review of the Major STOP Study
Individuals and families affected by Cystic Fibrosis (CF) know that exacerbations are not just stressful, but also dangerous. CF exacerbations are associated with lung function decline, poor quality of life, and the increased risk of death or need of a lung transplant. Preventing and treating these...
- How Pigs Are Increasing Understanding of Cystic Fibrosis
Researchers have been trying to figure out why Cystic Fibrosis (CF) patients are unable to fight off bacterial infections.Recently, studying pigs have helped scientists understand CF better.Why pigs?Initially, mice were used to evaluate CF, but they did not spontaneously develop CF like humans do....
- 5 Tips on Living with Pleurisy
What is pleurisy?Pleurisy, also called as pleuritis, is the inflammation of the pleural membranes lining your lungs. These double-membraned pleura are important because they protect and lubricate your lungs as you breathe in and out. The small amount of fluid in the pleural cavity helps the two...
- Everything You Need to Know About Romance When You Have Cystic Fibrosis
24 year old Brad Dell is a young man who is deaf and living with cystic fibrosis. In January of 2017, he received a double lung transplant from the University of California, San Francisco. When Dell is not testing out his new lungs with active physical activity or reading comic books, he is writing...
- Study Shows High Levels of Vitamin D May Improve Lung Function
Vitamin D, also known as the ‘sunshine vitamin’, is an important nutrient that the human body needs in order to maintain a healthy life – both physically and mentally. Vitamin D serves numerous vital bodily functions, including supporting the immune system, improving muscle function,...
- COPD-Focused Telemedicine
What is TelemedicineE-health, or telehealth (other terms for telemedicine), allows doctors who specialize in respiratory health make use of electronic tools and wireless devices to provide primary care consultations with their COPD patients. Through videos, photos, and live chats, referral with...
- Dr. Stuart M Garay MD436 3rd Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Alan J Klukowicz MD62 S Fullerton Ave Montclair NJ 07042
- Charles Oribabor244 5th Avenue New York New York 10001
- Dr. Medhat Ismail MD246 Hamburg Turnpike Wayne New Jersey 07470
- Dr. Alison S. Kole MD300 Madison Ave Madison NJ 07940
- Theo Trandafirescu Other21616 Union Turnpike Oakland Gardens New York 11364