Dr. Douglas Miller is an ophthalmologist practicing in El Cajon, CA. Dr. Miller specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Miller can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Miller can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1983
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
- Alton Ochsner Med Fndn, Ophthalmology; Metrowest M C-Framinghm Union, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Mr. Douglas G Miller MD's Practice location
El Cajon, CA 92020Get Direction
Mr. Douglas G Miller MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Bacterial Conjunctivitis?
What is bacterial conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the palpebral or bulbar part of the eye. There are many types and many causes of conjunctivitis. One common type is bacterial conjunctivitis, wherein bacteria that infect the eyes spread through direct contact with an infected...
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- What Causes Iritis?
What is iritis?The colored part of the eye is called the iris. When the iris gets inflamed, the condition is called iritis, which is also called anterior uveitis. The muscles present in the iris help in pupil contraction and relaxation. The anterior and posterior chambers of the eye are also...
- Eye Twitching: Symptoms and Solutions
Eye twitching is the repetitive, involuntary blinking or spasm of the upper eyelid. Also known as blepharospasm, twitching affects the muscles of both eyes. Some of the most common causes of eye twitching include fatigue, stress, and caffeine. Twitching is usually painless and goes away on its own...
- What are the Side Effects of Cataract Surgery?
Cataract is a disease which makes an eye lens to appear cloudy, thus reducing the eyesight. A normal eye lens assists in focusing light onto the retina for clear and undistorted image appearance. When a cataract forms in the eye, it makes images appear blurred and distorted. Although cataracts can...
- What are Eye Floaters?
Eye floaters are small, moving specks on the eyeball that often occur in one's field of vision. These grey or black dots, become more prominent while looking at a bright object. If the floaters are large they may shadow vision, but in most cases, eye floaters are harmless. People often neglect or...
- Antonio MendezLeona Vicario 1510 Tijuana Baja California 22320
- Dr. Lee Richard Katzman M.D.801 Orange Ave Coronado California 92118
- Patrick D. Keating M.D.6325 Topanga Canyon Blvd Woodland Hills California 91367
- Dr. David Castillejos M.D.480 4th Avenue Chula Vista California 91910
- Dr. Russell Philip Edwards M.D.3969 4th Ave San Diego CA 92103
- Bryan Propes34800 Bob Wilson Drive San Diego California 92134