Charles Kilo, MD, FACE, FACP, FAAC, is an internist, endocrinologist, pathologist and immunologist currently on staff at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis, Missouri. He obtained his medical education from University of Washington School of Medicine in 1959 and then went on to complete a residency at St. Lukeâ??s Hospital, where he served as Chief Resident, prior to a preventive medicine and metabolism fellowship at Barnes-Jewish Hospital. Dr. Kilo impressively holds over 60 years of experience with extensive expertise in all aspects of internal medicine, endocrinology, pathology and immunology. Due to his outstanding achievements, he has been the recipient of many accolades, including a Military Service Award, as he has served as a Major in the US Air Force since 1952 and has been a U.S. Air Force Medical Liaison Officer at Washington University since 1964. He has earned the coveted title of Fellow of the American College of Endocrinology and Fellow of the American College of Physicians, in addition to lecturing worldwide and completing over 240 publications, 5 books and several articles.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1959
Washington Center / School of Medicine 1959
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1959
- Type 2 Diabetes
- St Luke'S Hosp, Internal Medicine; St Luke'S Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- St. Lukeâ??s Hospital (Chief Resident)
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital (Preventive Medicine and Metabolism)
Articles and Publications
- 240+ Publications; Part of 5 Books and Several Articles
- Military Service; U.S. Air Force Reserves, Major, 1952 ?? present; U.S. Air Force Medical Liaison Office to Washington University, St. Louis, MO, 1964 ?? present
Hobbies / Sports
- Always Enjoys Working
Dr. Charles Kilo MD's Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63110Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Charles Kilo MD | Endocrinology-Diabetes | Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Charles Kilo MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Kilo
- The Very Best Diet for Weight Loss for People at Risk for Diabetes
For those that are at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, making a change in lifestyle to improve their health becomes paramount in order to prevent the disease from developing and ensuring their health in the long term. Prediabetic patients are those who are at risk of developing the disease and...
- Everything You Need to Know About Bariatric Surgery
Bariatric surgery, also known as weight loss surgery, is a surgical procedure that treats morbid obesity. Obesity can be a life-threatening condition that may need this type of surgery if lifestyle changes fail to work. Obesity can be potentially life-threatening when:...
- What is a Diabetes Diet?
If you have diabetes, managing a healthy diet plan is very important to regulate blood sugar levels and to maintain an ideal body weight. A diabetes diet is a healthy diet schedule for people with diabetes, and is also helpful for those without diabetes. If diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes or...
- 3 Current Trends in Diabetes Research
According to research conducted by the Centers for Disease Control, more than 29 million people in America are diagnosed with diabetes while 86 million were reported to have pre-diabetes. If you’re one of those, then you should keep on reading to know the latest news on diabetes.1. Sugar Sponges...
- 5 Tips on Living with Hypothyroidism
Hyperthyroidism is a health condition in which the body’s metabolism becomes slow, leading to the feeling of fatigue. This is caused by an abnormally low amount of thyroid hormone in the blood. This deficiency is caused by an impaired functioning of the thyroid gland. People may develop this...
- What Are the Health Benefits of Milk Thistle?
Milk thistle is a native plant of Europe and an integral part of the medicine for gall bladder and liver disorders. The active ingredients in this herb are flavanoid and silymarin, which have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.Some of the common uses of the herb include:...
- Dr. Swaroopa Vittalmurthy Bartakke MD1011 Bowles Avenue Fenton MO 63026
- Dr. Neelavathi Senkottaiyan M.D.621 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Veronica P. Mcgregor M.D.621 S New Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63141
- Dr. Norman Fishman M.D.222 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Christy L Richardson MD12255 DE PAUL DR BRIDGETON MO 63044
- Dr. Alan B Silverberg MD3660 Vista Ave Saint Louis MO 63110