Dr. Phillips has a practice that encompasses a wide range of clinical disciplines. The profile of the varied services he performs is directed at providing a comprehensive solution to treatment needs ranging from the basic to the complex. He is a trained periodontist using this knowledge base to perform general dentistry, root canals and the prosthetic tasks of cosmetic fillings, crowns, bridges, dentures and implants. He performs surgical treatment of bone grafting preceding implants, including extractions that might be necessary, and the surgical placement of the implants. His services then include the restorations that were intended for the implants, either crowns, bridges or implant retained dentures. His training in the Navy Dental Corps and the graduate certificates in Periodontics and Fixed Prosthodontics/ Periodontal Prosthesis from the University of Pennsylvania provided the background to diagnose and treatment plan a wide variety of case type complexities. With this broad a level of experience, it has provided the insight to more recently become involved in yet a broader view of delivering comprehensive care of his patients. There is a new wave of treatment modalities available that offer much needed help to those who suffer from sleep disordered breathing, both adults and children. This is proving to be a very exciting service that allows dentistry to reach the level of saving lives and/or greatly increase the quality of ones life.
Education and Training
University of Pennsylvania DMD 1980 Perio/PerioProsthesis 1975
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, dental scholastic honorary 1975 University of Pennsylvania
- District of Columbus Dental Society, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, Fellow-International College of Oral Implantologists, Institue for Craniofacial Sleep Medicine.Advanced Laser Institute
- American Dental Association
Professional Society Memberships
- American Dental Association, DC Dental Society, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Institute for Craniofacial Sleep Medicine
Dr. Russell Phillips, DMD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Russell Phillips, DMD | Dentist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Russell Phillips, DMD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Phillips
- What Happens if I Miss My Baby's Due Date?
An overdue pregnancy is a pregnancy that continues for more than 42 weeks. Overdue pregnancy is also referred to as post-term or prolonged pregnancy. The cause of overdue pregnancy is still not known. There are cases where it’s because of genetic predisposition. Recurrence of overdue pregnancy is...
- How to Treat Vaginal Yeast Infections Naturally
Suffering from severe vaginal itching? Does it burn when you urinate? Have you noticed unusual redness around your vagina? Do you suffer from thick, clumpy vaginal discharge? Does it hurt during sexual intercourse? If you answered to all of these in the affirmative, chances are you have what is...
- What Is Cisgender?
The definition of cisgender is “an adjective for someone whose gender would correspond to the sex assigned to them”. Cisgender, or cis in abbreviated form, describes individuals whose gender identity matches the sex they were assigned at birth. Cisgender can be applied to a vast majority of...
- Alternative Treatments for Kidney Stones
Kidney stones is an infection that causes pain and embarrassment to the patients suffering from the condition. It is a condition that affects the urinary system of a person. It starts from the kidney down to the ureter and finally the bladder. Kidney stones causes effects to the ureter, bladder and...
- What to Expect After LASIK Eye Surgery
LASIK eye surgery is a corrective procedure that aims to rectify vision distortions that are caused by the changing curvature of the cornea and shifting length of the eyeball. The cornea is a transparent coating that bulges on the outside of the eyeball, and allows light to penetrate its surface at...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Sundas Idrees555 Grove Street Herndon VA 20170
- Dr. Trung Qui Le D.D.S.9600-I Main Street Fairfax Virginia 22031
- Dr. Barbara Ellen Baxter DMD1234 19th Street Northwest Washington District of Columbia 20036
- Dr. Tongela L. Williams DDS9001 Stuart Ln. Clinton MD 20735
- Dr. Oscar Aldo Luna D.D.S.410 Pine St SE Vienna Virginia 22180
- Dr. Ronald F. Moser DDS14300 Gallant Fox Ln Bowie MD 20715