Dr. Jill Shaw is a speech language pathologist practicing in JACKSON, TN. Dr. Shaw specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Shaw evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Shaw helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Jill Davis Shaw SP's Practice location
JACKSON, TN 38305Get Direction
Jill Davis Shaw SP's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Julia Reynolds Montgomery32 GARLAND DR JACKSON TN 38305
- Carla Andreas Thompson M.A. CCC-SLP65 RIDGECREST RD JACKSON TN 38305
- Shital R Prasad MS.CCC.SLP121 PHYSICIANS DR JACKSON TN 38305
- Mrs. Jennifer M Harris M.S.,CCC-SLP1310 E MAIN ST HUMBOLDT TN 38343
- Mrs. Billie Suanne Williams M.A., CCC-SLP1119 OLD HUMBOLDT RD JACKSON TN 38305
- Gina Eason Lee MA CCC-SLP1310 E MAIN ST HUMBOLDT TN 38343