Dr. Joseph H Sisson MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE, 68198
Dr. Joseph Sisson practices Pulmonology in Omaha, NE. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Sisson manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Pulmonary Disease
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- UNMC: taking steps toward better healthcare.
- Nitric oxide-dependent ethanol stimulation of ciliary motility is linked to cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) activation in bovine bronchial epithelium.
- Acetaldehyde-stimulated PKC activity in airway epithelial cells treated with smoke extract from normal and smokeless cigarettes.
- Chronic ethanol downregulates PKA activation and ciliary beating in bovine bronchial epithelial cells.
- Malondialdehyde-acetaldehyde-adducted bovine serum albumin activates protein kinase C and stimulates interleukin-8 release in bovine bronchial epithelial cells.
- All-digital image capture and whole-field analysis of ciliary beat frequency.
- Ethanol stimulates ciliary beating by dual cyclic nucleotide kinase activation in bovine bronchial epithelial cells.
- The treatment of reversible uremia.
- The effects of L-thyroxine sodium on nontoxic goiter, on myxedema and on the thyroid uptake of radioactive iodine.
- Periodic examination of well patients.
- The effects of cortisone on the course of acute glomerulonephritis; report of a case.
- Testosterone therapy of metastatic adenocarcinoma of the thyroid, with remission; case report.
- The effects of ACTH and cortisone on the renal tubular transport of uric acid, phosphorus, and electrolytes in patients with normal renal and adrenal function.
- Desensitization of PKA-stimulated ciliary beat frequency in an ethanol-fed rat model of cigarette smoke exposure.
- IL-8 inhibits isoproterenol-stimulated ciliary beat frequency in bovine bronchial epithelial cells.
Dr. Joseph H Sisson MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68198Get Direction
- Antibiotics for Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis damages the lungs, digestive system, and other organs in the body. It affects the cells producing mucus, sweat, and digestive juices. It is caused due to defect in a gene. This gene changes a protein responsible for movement of salts in and out of cells. As a result, thick, sticky...
- Treatments for Bronchitis During Pregnancy
Although bronchitis can be a harmful illness to those who suffer from it, pregnant women may be more severely affected by the symptoms of bronchitis. Bronchitis can cause fetal complications for pregnant women who require constant oxygen levels to stay healthy. Since pregnancy weakens women's...
- Athlete with Cystic Fibrosis and Diabetes Goes Against All Odds
The pass went way off course, and the hockey puck went flying down the street. James Cameron and another boy went sprinting after it, determined to reach it first. Hockey sticks in hand, they raced to chase down the puck. Breathing heavily, they reached it at the same time and began to struggle for...
- Is Ibuprofen the Secret to Cystic Fibrosis Treatment?
Scientists say yes. The drug that works wonders for so many other everyday ailments could be a key component in the future treatments of cystic fibrosis patients. It’s hard to imagine that a drug found in nearly everyone's medicine cabinet could be a crucial component in the treatment of cystic...
- Helping a Child with Cystic Fibrosis Find Hope
Cystic fibrosis is a serious and debilitating illness that is lifelong, affecting people often from infancy. What some people may not realize is how difficult it may be for children to understand what is happening to their body.Most small children with the disease have gone through more difficult...
- Cystic Fibrosis: FDA Extends Use of Relizorb to Children
The ability to gain and maintain a healthy weight for patients who suffer from cystic fibrosis can be a challenge. Many children with the condition suffer from failure to thrive. The disorder has the tendency to cause a blockage in digestion that prevents necessary fats from being absorbed. Proper...
- Dr. Jadvinder Goraya MD985300 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Stephen I Rennard MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Matthew Thomas Mcleay M.D.8552 Cass St Omaha NE 68114
- Dr. Craig A Piquette MD988095 Nebraska Medical Ctr Omaha NE 68198
- Dr. Zachary Scott Depew M.D.7710 MERCY RD STE 3000 OMAHA NE 68124
- Dr. Naresh A. Dewan M.D.7710 MERCY RD STE 3000 OMAHA NE 68124