Dr. Maya Jerath practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Jerath treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999 University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Member American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Duke University Medical Center 2000
- UNC, Allergy and Immunology, NC, USA 2007
- Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH, Thurston Arthritis Research Center, UNC-CH, Allergy & Immunology Training Program 2005
Experience & Accolades
- Member2007 - 2014Clinical Assistant Professor., Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH
Dr. Maya R Jerath MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Maya R Jerath MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Cold vs. Allergy: How to Tell the Difference
It is very common to assume that anyone with the sniffles is contagious. Very often, however, those sniffles are not linked to anything contagious at all--they can be related to other factors. The first thought of many individuals when they suffer from a runny nose, nasal congestion, coughing, or...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Are there any Contradictions for Alternative Treatment of Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection which causes swelling of the salivary glands. The patient’s throat and neck swells up making it difficult for them to talk or eat. Although it is not contagious like chicken pox and measles, mumps is a common disease which affects a person once. If there are no other...
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Pooja Varshney M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Brian P. Vickery MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Rebecca H. Buckley MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. John W Sleasman MD2301 ERWIN RD DURHAM NC 27705
- Dr. Michelle L Hernandez MD6013 Farrington Road Chapel Hill NC 27517
- Dr. Timothy Paul Moran MD333 S COLUMBIA ST CHAPEL HILL NC 27599