Dr. Maya R Jerath MD
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC, 27514
Dr. Maya Jerath practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Jerath treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999 University of Vermont College of Medicine
- Member American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- UNC, Allergy and Immunology, NC, USA 2007
- Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH, Thurston Arthritis Research Center, UNC-CH, Allergy & Immunology Training Program 2005
Experience & Accolades
- Member2007 - 2014Clinical Assistant Professor., Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH
Dr. Maya R Jerath MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
- Are there any Contradictions for Alternative Treatment of Mumps?
Mumps is a viral infection which causes swelling of the salivary glands. The patient’s throat and neck swells up making it difficult for them to talk or eat. Although it is not contagious like chicken pox and measles, mumps is a common disease which affects a person once. If there are no other...
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Sinusitis is another word for an infection of the sinuses, which are four in number and are positioned at the back of the skull. These air spaces help to carry the skull’s weight. When the sinuses are congested, then infection can occur. There are a few reasons that may cause inflammation of the...
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- How Is Lupus Diagnosed?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder that develops when your organs and tissues are attacked by your own immune system. Lupus causes inflammation in numerous organs, such as the heart, skin, blood cells, joints, lungs, brain, and kidneys.It can be quite hard to diagnose lupus since its signs and...
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Dr. Brian P. Vickery MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Pooja Varshney M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. John W Sleasman MD2301 ERWIN RD DURHAM NC 27705
- Dr. Rebecca H. Buckley MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. Michelle L Hernandez MD6013 Farrington Road Chapel Hill NC 27517
- Dr. Timothy Paul Moran MD333 S COLUMBIA ST CHAPEL HILL NC 27599