Dr. Maya Jerath practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Chapel Hill, NC. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Jerath treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
University of Vermont College of Medicine 2000
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- 2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 1999University of Vermont College of Medicine
- MemberAmerican College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Member American Academy of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Duke University Medical Center 2000
- UNC, Allergy and Immunology, NC, USA 2007
- Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH, Thurston Arthritis Research Center, UNC-CH, Allergy & Immunology Training Program 2005
Experience & Accolades
- Member2007 - 2014Clinical Assistant Professor., Dept of Medicine, UNC-CH
Dr. Maya R Jerath MD's Practice location
Chapel Hill, NC 27514Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
Dr. Maya R Jerath MD's reviewsWrite Review
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- Is Sinusitis Preventable?
One of the leading reasons why individuals visit their doctors is sinus pain. According to research, approximately 37 million American citizens get symptoms for sinusitis like thick nasal discharge, sinus pain, and nasal congestion. That figure is on the rise due to an increase in pollutants and...
- How Is Lupus Diagnosed?
Lupus is a chronic inflammatory disorder that develops when your organs and tissues are attacked by your own immune system. Lupus causes inflammation in numerous organs, such as the heart, skin, blood cells, joints, lungs, brain, and kidneys.It can be quite hard to diagnose lupus since its signs and...
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Dr. Rebecca H. Buckley MD4101 N Roxboro St Durham NC 27704
- Dr. John W Sleasman MD12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612
- Dr. Brian P. Vickery MD2100 Erwin Rd Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Pooja Varshney M.D.Duke University Medical Ctr Durham NC 27710
- Dr. Michelle L Hernandez MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27599
- Dr. Timothy Paul Moran MD101 Manning Dr Chapel Hill NC 27514