Dr. Amy Fong is a family practitioner practicing in Oldsmar, FL. Dr. Fong specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Fong possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health and today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 2002
Indiana University School of Medicine 2002
Family MedicineAmerican Board of Family MedicineABFM
- High Cholesterol
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Vascular Disease
- Halifax Med Ctr, Family Medicine
- Halifax Medical Center Program
Dr. Amy Shih-mei Fong M.D.'s Practice location
Oldsmar, FL 34677Get Direction
MUNCIE, IN 47306Get Direction
Dr. Amy Shih-mei Fong M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fong
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- What Causes Endometriosis? Is It Endometriosis or Just My Period?
Many women have a difficult time during their periods, and sometimes, some may confuse painful symptoms they are experiencing for simply being part and parcel of women's normal menstrual woes without suspecting that the symptoms might be due to an aggressive form of endometriosis. Endometriosis can...
- How Long Does Acute Bronchitis Last? How to Treat and Prevent
Bronchial tubes, which are an important part of the respiratory system, perform an important function of exchanging air to and from the lungs. However, sometimes due to various triggers, these bronchial tubes can get inflamed causing a mucus build-up. The symptoms like coughing and dyspnea that are...
- Can Sinusitis Be Caused by Allergies?
The inflammation of the sinuses found in your forehead, cheekbones, and behind your nose is what is known as sinusitis. Sinusitis can be a short-term inflammation resulting from a bacterial infection after an infection like the common cold. However, sinusitis can also be chronic, resulting from...
- 5 Tips on Living with Binge Eating Disorder
Tip 1: Develop a healthier relationship with foodBingeing can easily get out of control, as it is often not about what you consume or the amount but the feeling you get once you start eating. It is all about stuffing yourself to suppress your feelings. The act of eating replaces the feelings you...
- Dr. Margaret Teresa Nusca M.D.690 4th Ave S Saint Petersburg FL 33701
- Susan C. Beaven6387 Central Avenue St. Petersburg Florida 33710
- Dr. Tim P. Carlson MD1615 Pasadena Ave S South Pasadena Florida 33707
- Dr. Bob Wallace MD721 Dr Martin Luther King Jr St S Saint Petersburg FL 33705
- Dr. Norman Urich D.O.1762 N Fort Harrison Ave Clearwater FL 33755
- Dr. Anthony A. Ombogo M.D.700 6th St S Saint Petersburg FL 33701