Dr. Stephen C Raynor MD
Surgeon (Pediatric) | Pediatric SurgeryChildren's Hospital - Pediatric Surgery 8200 Dodge Street Omaha NE, 68114
Dr. Stephen Raynor practices Pediatric Surgery in Omaha, NE. Dr. Raynor treats children who have an illness, injury, or disease that requires surgery. Some of the surgical problems seen by pediatric surgeons are often quite different from those commonly seen by adult or general surgeons. Dr. Raynordiagnoses, treats, and manages childrens surgical needs such as abnormalities of the groin in childhood and, surgical repair of birth defects, surgical care of tumors, transplantation operations, and endoscopic procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ne Coll of Med, Omaha Ne 1981
University of Nebraska College of Medicine 1981
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS- Pediatric Surgery
- Peripelvic abscesses: a diagnostic dilemma.
- Congenital diaphragmatic hernia presenting due to gastrointestinal complications.
- Cerebral oxygenation in major pediatric trauma: its relevance to trauma severity and outcome.
- Idiopathic thromboembolism associated with triphasic oral contraceptives.
- Liver transplantation in a patient with abdominal situs inversus.
- Gastroenteric inflammation in children with ulcerative colitis.
- Introduction of 6-mercaptopurine in Crohn's disease patients during the perioperative period: a preliminary evaluation of recurrence of disease.
- Birth Defects
- Umbilical Hernia
- Inguinal Hernia
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Children'S Mercy Hosp, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med, General Surgery; Miriam Hosp-Lifespan, Internal Medicine
- MIRIAM HOSPITAL
Dr. Stephen C Raynor MD's Practice location
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Omaha, NE 68114Get Direction
Dr. Stephen C Raynor MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Raynor
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What You Need to Know About Incisional Hernias
What is a Hernia?A hernia is a medical condition that results from tissue or organs protruding through the abdominal walls. This protrusion is due to a weakness or hole in a muscle. The condition might start without any symptoms, but can lead to serious problems like death if left unattended. Hernia...
- Everything You Need to Know About an Adenoidectomy
What Are Adenoids?Adenoids are the immune system’s component which assists in the fight against infections and offers the body protection from viral and bacterial attack.Adenoids are found in children only. They begin to develop as soon as a child is born and reach their maximum when the child is...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- An Appendectomy for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a tube-like extension attached to the large intestine. The appendix has no known function, but one thing for certain is that one can live without it with no apparent consequences.Appendicitis is a life and death kind of matter and should be treated...
- Are There Risks To A Circumcision?
It is a procedure that takes just a few minutes to remove the foreskin of a male’s penis.This process has been associated with a number of things; some of them are true,while others are not. Depending on the circumstances, different people have viewed circumcision as an act that comes with its own...