Brian Bannister, MD, is the sole practictioner at Progressive Pain Management, LLC. He is an Anesthesiologist trained in Interventional Pain Medicine and has been practicing for over 8 years. The Practice has offices located in Ocean, Hazlet and West Orange in New Jersey. Dr. Bannister graduated from University of Rochester cum laude in 1998 with a B.S. in Cellular Biology and Development and B.A. in Mathematics. In 2002, he received a medical degree from Upstate Medical University/College of Health Progressions specializing in Anesthesiology with a Fellowship in Pain Management. He is a NY Urban League and Howard Hughes scholar.
Education and Training
University of Rochester B.S. Cellular Bology and Development/B.A. Mathematics 1998
Wilson Medical Center Internal Medicine Internsip 2005
State University of New York-Upstate Medical University M.D. 2005
Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions 2002
- Howard Hughes Scholar 1994University of Rochester
- New York Urban League Scholar 1994University of Rochester
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- Wilson Medical Center; State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society Of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Society of Anesthesiologists, North American Neuromodulation Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- As a pain manager, he gives his patients time to explain their symptoms before coming up with a treatment plan.
- St. Barnabas Medical Center
- Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus
- Hudson Regional
- Affinity Health Plan
- Block Vision
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Fidelis Care
- HealthFirst (NY-NJ)
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of New Jersey
- Humana Health
- Molina Healthcare
- Neighborhood Health Providers (NY)
- Oxford Health Plans
- Rocky Mountain Health Plans
- Torrance Hospital IPA
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's Practice location
West Orange, NJ 07052 Get Direction
Hazlet, NJ 07730 Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Brian Bannister MD | Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bannister
- Teen with Spinal Muscular Atrophy Being Kept Alive with Spinraza
Many researchers and medical professionals today are constantly striving to better the opportunities for those diagnosed with a variety of diseases and conditions. As time has progressed, these treatments have improved in their effectiveness, especially as those in the medical world begin to...
- 5 Tips on Living with Mononucleosis
People with the mononucleosis (or mono) infection can live perfectly normal lives by doing what is best for them during their period of affliction. In this review, I have outlined the most essential tips on living with mononucleosis. In choosing these tips, the emphasis was focused on the well-being...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Dr. Boris Yaguda M.D. 406 15th street Brooklyn NY 11215
- Dr. Chandrakant M. Patel M.D. 25 Rockwood Pl Englewood NJ 07631
- Lara DeLong Brooklyn NewYork
- Donald A. Baldovin 475 Seaview Ave Staten Island NY 10305
- Dr. Tomi T. Prvulovic MD 70 Hatfield Ln Goshen NY 10924
- Dr. David G. Conyack D.O. 200 S Orange Ave Livingston NJ 07052