Brian Bannister, MD, is the sole practictioner at Progressive Pain Management, LLC. He is an Anesthesiologist trained in Interventional Pain Medicine and has been practicing for over 8 years. The Practice has offices located in Ocean, Hazlet and West Orange in New Jersey. Dr. Bannister graduated from University of Rochester cum laude in 1998 with a B.S. in Cellular Biology and Development and B.A. in Mathematics. In 2002, he received a medical degree from Upstate Medical University/College of Health Progressions specializing in Anesthesiology with a Fellowship in Pain Management. He is a NY Urban League and Howard Hughes scholar.
Education and Training
University of Rochester B.S. Cellular Bology and Development/B.A. Mathematics 1998
Wilson Medical Center Internal Medicine Internsip 2005
State University of New York-Upstate Medical University M.D. 2005
Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions 2002
- Trichinellosis acquired in the United Kingdom.
- The chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Detection of antihepatitis C virus antibody in severe Epstein-Barr virus-induced hepatitis.
- Childhood tuberculosis: clinical aspects.
- Infections imported from the Arabian Gulf.
- Cerebral malaria.
- Treating cerebral malaria.
- Surveillance of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in England and Wales, 1986-1990.
- Staphylococcal enterotoxins in scarlet fever complicating chickenpox.
- Verocytotoxin producing Escherichia coli.
- Do streptococci cause toxic shock?
- Dengue haemorrhagic fever: a risk of returning home.
- Control of hospital infection.
- Aetiology of Kawasaki disease.
- Management of patients with epidemic methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: experience at an infectious diseases unit.
- Interferon production in postviral fatigue syndrome.
- Post-infectious disease syndrome.
- Listeria monocytogenes meningitis associated with eating soft cheese.
- Scarlet fever can mimic toxic shock syndrome.
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease with reference to the safety of pituitary growth hormone.
- Protection of travellers against infectious diseases and other hazards.
- Patients who lose weight.
- Infectious diseases.
- Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura: a case of particular historic interest.
- The clinical features of imported malaria.
- Prospective study of verocytotoxin-producing, enteroaggregative and diffusely adherent Escherichia coli in different diarrhoeal states.
- Diarrhoea-causing Escherichia coli.
- Bacterial superinfection in chickenpox. Children are probably more susceptible...
- A study of the immunology of the chronic fatigue syndrome: correlation of immunologic parameters to health dysfunction.
- Howard Hughes Scholar 1994 University of Rochester
- New York Urban League Scholar 1994 University of Rochester
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- Wilson Medical Center; State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society Of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Society of Anesthesiologists, North American Neuromodulation Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- As a pain manager, he gives his patients time to explain their symptoms before coming up with a treatment plan.
- St. Barnabas Medical Center
- Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus
- Hudson Regional
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's Practice location
West Orange, NJ 07052Get Direction
Hazlet, NJ 07730Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Brian Bannister MD | Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bannister
- How Is Diabetes Diagnosed?
Are you wondering if you have diabetes? Do you fall in the high-risk category for diabetes? Are you experiencing any of the symptoms of diabetes such as increased thirst, frequent urination, and feeling hungry more than usual? Do you want to confirm if you have diabetes? Checking your blood sugar...
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Chandrakant M. Patel M.D.25 Rockwood Place Englewood New Jersey 07631
- Donald A. Baldovin475 Seaview Avenue Staten Island New York 10305
- Dr. Tomi T. Prvulovic MD70 Haffield Lane Goshen New York 10924
- Dr. David G. Conyack D.O.200 South Orange Avenue Livingston New Jersey 07052
- Dr. Garnett Carlton Headley MD423 East 23rd Street New York New York 10010
- Dr. Joseph Schianodicola MD506 6th Street Brooklyn New York 11215