Dr. Brian Bannister MD
Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine802 W Park Ave Suite 223 Ocean Township New Jersey, 07712
Brian Bannister, MD, is the sole practictioner at Progressive Pain Management, LLC. He is an Anesthesiologist trained in Interventional Pain Medicine and has been practicing for over 8 years. The Practice has offices located in Ocean, Hazlet and West Orange in New Jersey. Dr. Bannister graduated from University of Rochester cum laude in 1998 with a B.S. in Cellular Biology and Development and B.A. in Mathematics. In 2002, he received a medical degree from Upstate Medical University/College of Health Progressions specializing in Anesthesiology with a Fellowship in Pain Management. He is a NY Urban League and Howard Hughes scholar.
Education and Training
University of Rochester B.S. Cellular Bology and Development/B.A. Mathematics 1998
Wilson Medical Center Internal Medicine Internsip 2005
State University of New York-Upstate Medical University M.D. 2005
Upstate Medical University/ College of Health Professions 2002
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Trichinellosis acquired in the United Kingdom.
- The chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Detection of antihepatitis C virus antibody in severe Epstein-Barr virus-induced hepatitis.
- Childhood tuberculosis: clinical aspects.
- Infections imported from the Arabian Gulf.
- Cerebral malaria.
- Treating cerebral malaria.
- Surveillance of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in England and Wales, 1986-1990.
- Staphylococcal enterotoxins in scarlet fever complicating chickenpox.
- Verocytotoxin producing Escherichia coli.
- Do streptococci cause toxic shock?
- Dengue haemorrhagic fever: a risk of returning home.
- Control of hospital infection.
- Aetiology of Kawasaki disease.
- Management of patients with epidemic methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: experience at an infectious diseases unit.
- Howard Hughes Scholar 1994 University of Rochester
- New York Urban League Scholar 1994 University of Rochester
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- American Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- Wilson Medical Center; State University of New York Upstate Medical University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society Of Interventional Pain Physicians, American Society of Anesthesiologists, North American Neuromodulation Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- As a pain manager, he gives his patients time to explain their symptoms before coming up with a treatment plan.
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's Practice location
West Orange, NJ 07052Get Direction
Hazlet, NJ 07730Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
Dr. Brian Bannister MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bannister
- Why are my Gums Bleeding?
Bleeding gums can result from a number of other health conditions, and can also result from vigorous brushing of the teeth or even wearing dentures that don’t fit correctly.The most common causes of bleeding gums include:...
- Bladder Infection: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Bladder infection, also referred to as cystitis, is the inflammation of the bladder caused by bacterial infection. This infection can get anywhere in the urinary tract, such as the kidneys, bladder, urethra or ureters and hence is also called a urinary tract infection (UTI). In the majority of...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...