Dr. Scott L Wiesen MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology625 9th St N Suite 304 Naples FL, 34102
Dr. Scott Wiesen is a gastroenterologist practicing in Naples, FL. Dr. Wiesen specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Wiesen performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 1986
Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Acid Reflux
- Colon Polyps
- Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Gastroenterology; Jackson Mem Hosp/Jackson Hlth, Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System Program
Dr. Scott L Wiesen MD's Practice location
Naples, FL 34102Get Direction
Dr. Scott L Wiesen MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Wiesen
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- The Right Age to Consider a Colonoscopy
You might be considering having a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is a diagnostic procedure used to see the inside of your rectum and colon. Doctors recommend a regular colonoscopy to screen individuals for colorectal cancer.Recent 2008 guidelines state that men and women over fifty years old should have...
- How Constipation Affects Women
Constipation is a very common condition that can affect everyone at some point in their lives. However, women are more commonly affected than men and the frequency of constipation cases increases with age. Constipation may be a frequent problem for some people, which may require medical...
- Foods to Avoid at All Costs With IBD
If you suffer from an inflammatory bowel disease, such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis (UC), you are certainly aware of the issues that can arise from certain foods and beverages. Not only do these conditions trigger inflammation in the digestive system and uncomfortable symptoms, but...
- Inguinal Hernias: Get the Facts
Inguinal Hernias: Get The FactsInguinal hernias are caused in the groin when intestinal tissues squeeze through the inguinal canal that is located at the base of the abdomen. The condition causes a protruding lump that causes pain during movement or when you lift heavy objects. Inguinal hernias are...
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- Dr. Shardul Ashwin Nanavati M.D.4760 TAMIAMI TRAIL NORTH NAPLES FL 34103
- Dr. Michael Cohen M.D.6101 Pine Ridge Rd Naples FL 34119
- Dr. Guy Winzenried MD150 Tamiami Trl N Naples FL 34102
- Dr. Mazen Albeldawi MD1285 CREEKSIDE BLVD E UNIT 102 NAPLES FL 34109
- Dr. Keith P Hussey MD681 Goodlette Rd N Naples FL 34102
- Dr. Andree A Dadrat MD3501 Health Center Blvd Bonita Springs FL 34135