Dr. Stephen E Baum MD
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology1144 N 28th St Suite C Billings MT, 59101
Dr. Stephen Baum is a gastroenterologist practicing in Billings, MT. Dr. Baum specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Baum performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Nat'L Naval Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Iowa Hosps & Clinics, Internal Medicine; Nat'L Naval Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Stephen E Baum MD's Practice location
Billings, MT 59101Get Direction
Billings, MT 59101Get Direction
Dr. Stephen E Baum MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Baum
- What It's Like to Live With a Colostomy Bag
Many people with IBD reach the point where the diseased part of the intestine has to be removed. This surgery involves a disconnection between the intestine and the rectum. Therefore, corrective surgery is needed to create a new outlet for the passage of bowel movements from the body.Depending on...
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- What Are the Side Effects of Gallbladder Surgery?
The gallbladder is a small pear-shaped organ located between the liver and small intestine. Even though it plays a big role in digestion, a person can live a normal life without it. This means that the gallbladder can be discarded without necessarily affecting the functionality of other organs. If...
- How Antibody Tests Can Detect Celiac Disease in Children
Although celiac disease seems to be genetic, it is not always expressed clinically. Studies who have looked at its genetic predisposition have determined a certain prevalence of the disease in asymptomatic relatives of the patient's first degree and monocyte twins. However, until now the form of...
- The Use of Surgery for Ulcerative Colitis
Ulcerative colitis (UC) is a chronic, inflammatory bowel disease that causes inflammation in the digestive tract. It is usually only in the innermost lining of the large intestine (colon) and rectum. It ranges from mild to severe. Ulcerative colitis is usually not a very serious condition and as...
- The Stress and Anxiety Behind Crohn's and Colitis
It’s no news flash that stress and anxiety can play a major role in health. From raising blood pressure to having a negative impact on a person’s ability to sleep, anxiety and too much stress, especially the wrong kind of stress, can cause a host of different problems for your health. It’s...
- Dr. Mark Rumans MD2825 8th Ave N Billings MT 59101
- Dr. Steven W. Hammond MD2825 8th Ave N Billings MT 59101
- Dr. Bradley Zins MD2825 8th Ave N Billings MT 59101
- Dr. William M. Chamberlin M.D.4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Dr. Christopher Dirk Williams M.D.1144 N BROADWAY BILLINGS MT 59101
- Dr. Nina Tomaszewski MD1144 N 28th St Billings MT 59101