Dr. Neal Leleiko MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology593 Eddy St Lower Level Providence RI, 02903
Dr. Neal Leleiko is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Providence, RI. Dr. Leleiko specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
Education and Training
New York Medical College 1971
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Gastroenterology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 1976
- The Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Boston Children's Hospital, Fellow:Gastroenterology 1976
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Fellow:Nutrition 1976
Dr. Neal Leleiko MD's Practice location
Dr. Neal Leleiko MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Leleiko
- Encopresis: How Can I Help My Child?
What is encopresis?Encopresis is a disorder characterized by the involuntary leaking of poop due to chronic constipation. This disorder is usually observed in children 4 years old and above.In encopresis, the wall and the nerves of the bowel are stretched when poop is held on for a longer time. This...
- Is it Crohn's Disease or Just an Upset Stomach?
Do I have Crohn’s disease? You may have asked yourself this question a couple of times after experiencing symptoms like diarrhea and abdominal pain. To fully comprehend almost all the medical details surrounding Crohn’s disease, and possibly determine if you have the ailment, you need to look at...
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- How Necessary is a Biopsy for Celiac Disease?
A biopsy has been considered as one of the gold standards to confirm celiac disease, an autoimmune disease that is caused by gluten, a protein found in wheat, barley, and rye. A biopsy is an invasive procedure, so some do not want to undergo it. In the past 25 years, more tests have been utilized to...
- Dr. Jared A. Silverstein M.D.593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Ezequiel Neimark MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Kathleen Ann Calenda MD185 Joseph Ct Warwick RI 02886
- Ayesha Fatima Other101 Dudley St Providence RI 02905
- Dr. Thankam Paul MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903
- Dr. Michael I Herzlinger MD593 Eddy St Providence RI 02903