Dr. William C Waterfield M.D.
Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology9103 Franklin Square Dr Suite 2200 Rosedale MD, 21237
Dr. William Waterfield is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Rosedale, MD. Dr. Waterfield specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Temple Univ Sch of Med, Philadelphia Pa 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Medical Oncology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Feasibility of quantitative pain assessment in outpatient oncology practice.
- Sixteen-week dose-intense chemotherapy in the adjuvant treatment of breast cancer.
- Intensive alternating chemotherapy regimen in small cell carcinoma of the lung.
- Thrombocytopenia with increased bone marrow megakaryocytes in two patients with viral hepatitis.
- Metastatic endometrial adenocarcinoma to the skin of a toe.
Dr. William C Waterfield M.D.'s Practice location
Rosedale, MD 21237Get Direction
CARY, NC 27513Get Direction
- Promising Results for Hodgkin Patients Using This Therapy
Researcher Dr. Bradford S. Hoppe and his colleagues at the University of Florida College of Medicine have recently found that the addition of proton therapy to first-line chemotherapy regimens may improve outcomes for patients with Hodgkin lymphoma.Lymphoma is classically treated with both...
- 'Sophie the Brave' Fights Childhood T-Cell Lymphoma
The story of 2-year-old Sophie Skiles and her arduous battle with T-cell lymphoma pulls at one’s heartstrings while also causing one to marvel at the faith of her Mom, Shelby.The public first learned of Sophie when a newscast about her was posted online October 20, 2017. (KLTB/abc) It soon made it...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- Multiple Myeloma: What is Autotransplantation?
During a stem cell transplantation or autotransplantation, the patient receives high chemotherapy dosage which is sometimes done to the entire body to get rid of the cells that are in the bone marrow (including the myeloma cells). Afterwards, the patient receives new stem cells to form...
- The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society to Expand Mission Against Blood Cancer
On July 19, 2017, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, or LLS, proclaimed that they would be expanding their initiative to beat acute myeloid leukemia. Referred to as "Beat AML Master Trial", the project aims to test new and innovative treatments for those suffering from AML. For more information...
- Lymphoma, the Persistence of Inspirational Women, and the Power of Language
Each year, Leukemia and Blood Cancer New Zealand (LBC) sponsors their Blood Cancer Patient Forum. They invite speakers to bring them news about such topics as treatment advances and management of cancer from a fully developed psycho-social perspective. Essentially, they dish up good old-fashioned...
- Dr. Myo Min MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Ashkan Bahrani MD9114 PHILADELPHIA RD BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Michael Auerbach M.D.5233 KING AVE BALTIMORE MD 21237
- Dr. Suman B Rao M.D.9103 Franklin Square Dr Rosedale MD 21237
- Mr. Kenneth D. Miller P.T.9110 Philadelphia Rd Rosedale MD 21237
- Dr. Huzefa F Bahrain D.O.5233 KING AVE BALTIMORE MD 21237