Dr. Sarah Schmitt is a speech language pathologist practicing in GRAND FORKS, ND. Dr. Schmitt specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Schmitt evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Schmitt helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Sarah Schmitt's Practice location
GRAND FORKS, ND 58201Get Direction
Sarah Schmitt's reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment of Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
What is dysphagia?Dysphagia is a disorder in which a person is unable to swallow food or is having difficulty in moving food down to the stomach. The throat or esophageal muscles are unable to work properly, and that leads to this disease. It is usually seen in children, old aged persons, and people...
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- What is Fetal Alcohol Syndrome?
Fetal alcohol syndrome refers to the birth defects that result from exposure to alcohol during pregnancy. Excessive consumption of alcohol during pregnancy may result in the child developing physical deformities, mental conditions, behavioral issues, and learning disorders. The symptoms of fetal...
- 5 Possible Causes of Multiple Sclerosis
MS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system - the brain, spinal cord, and optic nerve. The immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers - myelin - creating scar tissue on and around...
- Samantha Marie Mcentee SLP1000 S COLUMBIA RD GRAND FORKS ND 58201
- Cynthea Jean Frazier MS, CCC-SLP1000 S COLUMBIA RD GRAND FORKS ND 58201
- Ms. Abigail Joanne Mueller MA,CCC,SLP2400 47TH AVE S GRAND FORKS ND 58201
- Mrs. Andrea Marie Reynolds M.S., CCC-SLP2016 S WASHINGTON ST GRAND FORKS ND 58201
- Mrs. Lori Dee Pankratz MS CCC SLP1000 SOUTH COLUMBIA ROAD GRAND FORKS ND 58206
- Ms. Catherine A. Adams2400 47TH AVE S GRAND FORKS ND 58201