Dr. Joseph Q Henkle M.D.
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease751 N Rutledge St Rm 0300 Springfield IL, 62702
Dr. Joseph Henkle practices Pulmonology in Springfield, IL. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Henkle manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
New Jersey College of Dentistry 1981
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Obesity is associated with bronchial hyper-responsiveness in women.
- Association of excess weight and degree of airway responsiveness in asthmatics and non-asthmatics.
- Effect of change of reference standard to NHANES III on interpretation of
- Osborn waves in hypothermia induced by baclofen overdose.
- Hyperinsulinemia euglycemia therapy for calcium channel blocker overdose: a case
- Consistency of pass-fail decisions made with clinical clerkship ratings and standardized-patient examination scores.
- Sleep-disordered breathing and poor functional outcome after stroke.
- Effect of bovine pericardial strips on air leak after stapled pulmonary resection.
- Comparison of staged thoracoscopy and median sternotomy for lung volume reduction.
Dr. Joseph Q Henkle M.D.'s Practice location
Springfield, IL 62702Get Direction
SPRINGFIELD, IL 62702Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Q Henkle M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Henkle
- Radiologists Look for Patterns in Cystic Fibrosis as More Adults Are Diagnosed
Recent research shows that there is an increasing number of adults being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. This information is leading scientists to believe cystic fibrosis is now just as much of an adult condition as a childhood condition. This increase has caused scientists and radiologists to...
- Gene Editing Has the Potential to Change Cystic Fibrosis
Spiked Columnist, Tim Black, discusses advances in genetic editing in his article, Gene Editing: An Expression of Our Humanity.Tim Black questions how people should all consider the recent negative responses to some of the latest gene-editing successes. The majority of these gene-editing techniques...
- Transitioning from Pediatric CF Care to Adult CF Care
Moving from pediatric CF to adult CF medical care is an essential transition for young adults living with cystic fibrosis (CF). This transition period is a crucial and significant step in maintaining stable health well into adulthood. Most individuals with CF transition from pediatric CF to adult CF...
- Cystic Fibrosis: Talking to Loved Ones
When getting a life-changing diagnosis, it may be hard to discuss it with others. It is isolating when you feel others do not understand; your family and friends may not have cystic fibrosis or know people affected by the disease. You may also be dealing with shock from the new diagnosis. Chances...
- What Causes Pneumonia?
Pneumonia is a lung infection that is caused by bacteria, viruses, or parasites. Moreover, pneumonia can develop in just one lobe of the right or left lung, the entire lung, or both of the lungs simultaneously. The primary characteristic of this lung disease is the inflammation of the air sacs or...
- Coping with COPD
Many people live life without realizing that they have COPD – the umbrella term for emphysema and bronchitis – even though it is a common disease.Long-term smokers will most likely have scars on their lungs that will become inflamed and irritated due to COPD. Patients tend to complain, but fail...
- Dr. Jeremiah Sean Reedy M.D.543 W Miller St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Donald G Gumprecht M.D.543 W Miller St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Muhammad Siddique MD751 N Rutledge St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. David C Crabtree M.D.543 W Miller St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Pradeep S Kulkarni M.D.543 W Miller St Springfield IL 62702
- Dr. Philip James Abraham M.D.543 W Miller Springfield IL 62702