Dr. Thomas C. Mayes MD
Pediatrician | Pediatric Critical Care Medicine333 N Santa Rosa St San Antonio TX, 78207
Dr. Thomas Mayes is a pediatrician practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Mayes is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Mayes diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Mayes can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Georgetown Univ Sch of Med, Washington Dc 1984
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Texas Super Doctors 2005-2011
- Baylor Coll Of Med, Pediatrics; Wilford Hall Med Ctr Aetc, Pediatrics
- Wilford Hall Medical Center
- Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Thomas C. Mayes MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78207Get Direction
EL PASO, TX 79905Get Direction
Dr. Thomas C. Mayes MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mayes
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- Laryngitis: What Is Croup?
What is laryngitis?Laryngitis is the swelling of your voice box. It is often caused by an infection, mostly by a virus. The voice box is also known as the larynx. It links the back of your throat to the windpipe. The vocal cord and larynx are part and parcel and are required for speech. Laryngitis...
- Is This Genital Herpes or do I have Cold Sores?
Herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV). This virus causes both genital herpes and oral herpes (cold sores). However, the strain varies, with the herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV1) causing cold sores while the herpes simplex type 2 (HSV2) causes genital herpes. HSV1 is mostly transmitted...
- Dehydration in Infants: What are the Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment?
Dehydration is a condition that occurs when the body has lost more water than the amount that it has taken in. A baby’s body is made up of 75 percent of water. Every day, your baby will lose some amount of water from the body due to crying, sweating, urination, bowel movements and even with...
- What Are Vaccines?
What is a vaccine?Vaccines are products that enable a person to develop immunity against certain diseases. A vaccine can be given through needle injections, by aerosol, or by mouth. The polio vaccine is given in the form of mouth drops that contain live but weakened organisms. The vaccine gets into...
- Teen with Autism Creates Artificial Intelligence Prototype
When educators are faced with a child that responds differently in a classroom environment that what is typically expected, teaching that child can be a daunting task. It’s not uncommon knowledge that children with autism, especially if they have a more severe form of autism, don’t always...
- Dr. Meena Chintapalli M.D, FAAP1314 East Sonterra Blvd. San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Leah A. Mercado MD9793 Culebra Rd San Antonio Texas 78251
- Dr. Eduardo Ibarguen-Secchia M.D.4499 Medical Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Arathi Shah1707 Fire Cracker San Antonio Texas 78260
- Mr. Byron Dooley MD18707 Hardy Oak Boulevard San Antonio Texas 78258
- Dr. Soheir Girgis M.D.3750 Commercial Avenue San Antonio Texas 78221