Dr. William Malik is an orthopaedic surgeon practicing in Streator, IL. Dr. Malik specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries, diseases and disorders of the bodys musculoskeletal system. As an orthopaedic surgeon, Dr. Malik tends to bones, ligaments, muscles, joints, nerves and tendons. Orthopaedic surgeons can specialize in certain areas like the hand, spine, hip, foot and ankle, shoulder and elbow or the knee.
Education and Training
Loyola Univ of Chicago Stritch Sch of Med, Maywood Il 1978
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
- Fellow American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Orthopedic Surgery; Northwestern Mem Hosp, General Surgery
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. William C Malik M.D.'s Practice location
Streator, IL 61364Get Direction
Dr. William C Malik M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- The Function of Joints
Skeletal systemOur musculoskeletal system is made of muscles, tendons, ligaments, cartilage, bones, and bursae. When impulse stimulates, the muscles contract and these muscles are attached to the ligaments. Most of the skeletal system is made of bones and cartilage. The cartilage or ligaments are...
- What You Need to Know About Osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is a medical condition that if diagnosed on time could be preventable and successfully treatable. In literal terms, osteoporosis means ‘bones with holes’. It is often called “the silent thief” because bone loss occurs without symptoms.But what is osteoporosis? According to WHO...
- Symptoms or Signs of Arthritis
Arthritis is one of the oldest diseases known to humans. Arthritis can affect people and children of all ages. The pain and stiffness of the joints are serious symptoms indicating that the person may have some serious type of arthritis that needs urgent treatment. If the person delays the visit to...
- Risk Factors For Bursitis
Bursitis is a condition that can affect just about anyone, depending on different conditions such as the environment, regular activities the person engages in, or even the current health status of a person. The condition more commonly affects the elderly, women, and people with very weak...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- Dr. Robert J Mitchell D.O.920 West St Peru IL 61354
- Dr. Peter J Meier M.D.920 West St Peru IL 61354
- Dr. John M Speca M.D.104 W 6th St Streator IL 61364
- Dr. Emmy Ho MD1614 E NORRIS DR OTTAWA IL 61350
- Dr. Upendra K Sinha MD205S PARK ST STREATOR IL 61364
- Dr. Mohammed Ahmad Awad D.O.1050 E NORRIS DR OTTAWA IL 61350