Eleanor M. Martinez, MD, is a leading obstetrician and gynecologist currently serving patients at her own private practice located in Los Gatos, California. After earning her medical degree in 1976 at the University of the Philippines, she completed her internship at Hennepin County Medical Center/University of Minnesota, her residency at Saginaw Cooperative Hospital/Michigan State University, and her fellowship at Mt Sinai Medical Center. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in her field, Dr. Martinez maintains a professional membership with the Santa Clara County Medical Association and the California Medical Association. Furthermore, she participates in medical mission trips to Africa.
Dr. Eleanor M. Martinez M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine 1976
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Vaginal Prolapse
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Menstrual Cramps
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- Hennepin County Medical Center/University of Minnesota
- Mt Sinai Medical Center, 1983
Professional Society Memberships
- Santa Clara County Medical Association, California Medical Association
Articles and Publications
- 2 Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her passion for healthcare, she wanted to be a physician from the age of 7
Hobbies / Sports
- Hiking, Bead Work, Reading Autobiographies
Dr. Eleanor M. Martinez M.D.'s Practice location
Los Gatos, CA 95032Get Direction
San Jose, CA 95124Get Direction
Dr. Eleanor M. Martinez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Martinez
- Relaxation Techniques to Alleviate Restless Legs Syndrome
Restless legs syndrome (RLS) is a disorder that interrupts sleep patterns and affects about 27 per cent of pregnant women. However, the symptoms will go away after delivering the child. Different medications can help alleviate the symptoms of restless legs syndrome. In addition, you can incorporate...
- Children May Have Asthma Because of Their Mother's Health Before and During Pregnancy
A new study has shown that children born from women who were overweight or obese during pregnancy has a higher risk of getting asthma during adolescence. The study conducted by the researchers from Britain, Finland, and Sweden shows that an individual's weight before pregnancy influences the...
- Musician and Wife Hope for Miracle in Her Battle Against Ovarian Cancer
A couple in Boston are praying for a miracle as they try to find a way to be admitted to the Dana-Farber Institute.A musical love storyRonny Monroe has lived quite the life as a musician, one that many others aspire to. He was coached by the same singing instructor as Chris Cornell, he has been a...
- Leukocytes in Urine: What Does Leukocyte Esterase in Urine Mean?
What are leukocytes?White blood cells (WBCs) are also called as leukocytes. They protect the body from infections by fighting foreign invaders such as viruses, bacteria, fungi, or parasites. Phagocytes and lymphocytes are forms of white blood cells (WBCs).Phagocytes engulf foreign particles like...
- Is Endometriosis Hereditary?
Endometriosis is a serious gynecological condition that affects the whole female reproductive system. There are many possible causes for this condition and the genetic factor is one of them. Visit your gynecologist if you have any of these symptoms:...
- Chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer
What is ovarian cancer?Cancer begins when the cells in the body begin to grow out of control. Any cells in the body can start to become cancerous and can spread to other parts of the body. The beginning of ovarian cancer happens in the ovaries. Ovaries are basically the reproductive glands found in...
- Dr. Athiya D. Javid MD125 N JACKSON AVE SAN JOSE CA 95116
- Dr. Rosanne Mayhew M.D.800 Pollard Rd Los Gatos CA 95032
- Kenneth E. Smith871 Enborg Ct San Jose CA 95128
- Dr. Barbara Ann Phelps-sandall MD2485 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040
- Katie Lynne Lemieux MD276 International Circle San Jose California 95119
- Dr. John L. Tatman MD710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051