Dr. David Shapiro is a pediatrician practicing in Cherry Point, NC. Dr. Shapiro is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Shapiro diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Shapiro can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
New York College of Osteopathic Medicine / New York Institute of Technology 1994
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Naval Med Center San Diego
Dr. David Shapiro DO's Practice location
Cherry Point, NC 28533Get Direction
PENSACOLA, FL 32504Get Direction
Dr. David Shapiro DO's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Autism Run in the Family?
The answer to the simple question of whether autism runs in the family is not clear. The fact of the matter is that autism most commonly runs in the family and is considered as the most heritable condition among other neuropsychiatric conditions. On the other hand, ASD mainly occurs through de novo...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Treatments for Mononucleosis
There exist many symptoms that make the mononucleosis disease similar to other diseases, which makes it very difficult to distinguish it from other infections. Doctors administer treatment of the patient by giving him or her a physical test. This annual test checks out the patient's medical history....
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Everything About Oral Thrush
What is oral thrush? How does oral thrush develop? What are the risk factors of developing oral thrush? What are the signs and symptoms of oral thrush? Is there treatment for oral thrush? And if it is there, what is it? These are just but some of the questions you may be asking yourself and are yet...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Dr. James Michael Kidder M.D.2604 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. New Bern NC 28562
- Dr. Marcus Craig Whaley MD2604 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. New Bern NC 28562
- Dr. Lindsay Maitland MD1036 Colleton Way New Bern NC 28562
- Dr. Steven Marck Engel M.D.1700 Neuse Blvd New Bern NC 28560
- Dr. Scott A Luthman MD2604 DR MARTIN LUTHER KING JR BLVD NEW BERN NC 28562
- Dr. Gregory G. Gunsten M.D.703 Newman Rd New Bern NC 28562