Dr. Saima T Akbar M.D
Geriatrician | Geriatric Medicine7121 Sauk Cir Thiensville WI, 53092
Dr. Saima Akbar practices Geriatric Medicine in Thiensville, WI. Geriatricians prevent, manage, and develop care plans that address the special health problems of the elderly. Dr. Akbar works as part of a team with other healthcare providers, to address the natural aging that goes on within the body and to manage multiple medical problems and ensure social support.
Dr. Saima T Akbar M.D's Practice location
Thiensville, WI 53092Get Direction
WEST ALLIS, WI 53227Get Direction
Dr. Saima T Akbar M.D's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Akbar
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Top 5 Natural Supplements for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease (PD)?Parkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive neurological movement disorder, which means that the symptoms of this disease gradually get worse over time. The exact cause of the disease is still unknown. There is also no cure for this medical condition, but...
- Diagnosis of Osteoporosis
It is important to get a diagnosis for osteoporosis as soon as you experience any of the symptoms associated with the condition. One should not prolong a visit with a doctor because the sooner the diagnosis, the sooner the individual will receive treatment.About 80% of your bone density is...
- Anti-Tremor Medications for Parkinson's Disease
IntroductionParkinson’s disease is a chronic and progressive disorder. In this disorder, the movements of the individual are affected. When we say progressive, it means that as time passes by, the symptoms related to the disease tend to worsen. Parkinson’s disease does not have a complete cure...
- Facts About Alzheimer’s Disease
Alzheimer’s is a common medical condition among older adults that affects the brain. It is also one of the most common forms of dementia. One of the common misconceptions associated with this disorder is that it is a disease of the elderly. While it is true that age is an important risk factor...
- Dr. Soryal Soryal M.D1020 N 12th St Milwaukee WI 53233
- Dr. Tyler H. Steward M.D.2900 W OKLAHOMA AVE MILWAUKEE WI 53215
- Dr. Steven D Bartz MD1155 N MAYFAIR RD MILWAUKEE WI 53226
- Dr. Thomas Michael Naughton M.D.6901 W Edgerton Ave Milwaukee WI 53220
- Ms. Edith A. Burns M.D.5000 W National Ave Milwaukee WI 53295
- Dr. Edmund H Duthie MD9200 W Wisconsin Ave Milwaukee WI 53226