Dr. Talmadge Everett King MD
Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease1001 Potrero Ave Rm 5k1 San Francisco CA, 94110
Dr. Talmadge King practices Pulmonology in San Francisco, CA. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. King manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Racial disparities in clinical trials.
- Nonspecific interstitial pneumonia and systemic sclerosis.
- Demystifying idiopathic interstitial pneumonia.
- Sarcoidosis following HIV infection: evidence for CD4+ lymphocyte dependence.
- A placebo-controlled trial of interferon gamma-1b in patients with idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Clinical advances in the diagnosis and therapy of the interstitial lung diseases.
- High-resolution computed tomography in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis: diagnosis and prognosis.
- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: CT features.
- Miscellaneous causes of bronchiolitis: inhalational, infectious, drug-induced, and idiopathic.
- COPD: a dust-induced disease?
- Classification and natural history of the idiopathic interstitial pneumonias.
- Current perspectives on the treatment of idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Anticoagulant therapy and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonias: progress in classification, diagnosis, pathogenesis and management.
- Clinical problem-solving. Anchors away.
- University of Colorado Medical Center, Pulmonary/Critical Care 1979
Dr. Talmadge Everett King MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94110Get Direction
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94143Get Direction
- Oxygen Therapy for COPD Patients
Patients with COPD have a difficult time breathing properly, resulting in a lack of oxygen. Because of this lack of supply, the main concern that arises is that there is not enough oxygen transporting to vital organs.A lack of oxygen in the body can be fatal. It is considered the most salient...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) Inhalation Aerosol
What is Symbicort?Symbicort is a combination drug used for the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms. The two active ingredients of Symbicort are budesonide and formoterol. This combination helps relax the airways and makes breathing easier.Budesonide can be...
- Cystic Fibrosis Breakthrough in Left Ventricular Cardiac Disturbances
Cystic fibrosis may be one of the most common autosomal recessive lethal diseases, but there remains much that is unknown about it. It has been established that the disease causes chronic pulmonary disease and is also capable of leading to cor pulmonale with right ventricular dysfunction, but it was...
- Caring for a Loved One with CF
When someone that you love has cystic fibrosis, you want more than anything to help them through the difficult times. Simply being there for them is an important first step towards providing them with the support they need. Additionally, you will have to spend a few hours in the day incorporating...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- Dr. Mehrdad Arjomandi MD1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Merrill Ralph Nisam MD100 A Drake's Landing Road Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Venktesh Rudrapatna Ramnath MD354 Texas Street San Francisco CA 94107
- Dr. Guy Shir Livnat MD100a Drake's Landing Road Greenbrae CA 94904
- Dr. Denitza Blagev M.D.1550 4th St San Francisco CA 94158
- Dr. Steven R. Hays MDClinical Pharmacy San Francisco CA 94143