Dr. Julie Lynn Voelker M.D.
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA, 52242
Dr. Julie Voelker is a psychiatrist practicing in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Voelker is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Voelker diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Voelker may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Voelker treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Ia Roy J & L Carver Com 2008
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Nonoperative treatment of chronic subdural hematoma.
- The role of craniotomy and trephination in the treatment of chronic subdural hematoma.
- Clinical, radiographic, and pathological features of symptomatic Rathke's cleft cysts.
- Subdural hematoma in the setting of internal carotid artery occlusion: CT studies.
- Respiratory epithelial cyst of the cerebellopontine angle.
- Cranial epidural fibrous tumor associated with hyperostosis: a case report.
- Use of a carbon composite radiolucent anterior cervical retractor system.
- Giant cell tumor of the calvaria in a child. Case report.
- Indications for carotid endarterectomy.
- Intraparenchymal hemorrhage.
- Delayed deterioration after head trauma due to traumatic aneurysm.
- Giant intracranial and extracranial cavernous malformation. Case report.
- Entirely intracanalicular meningioma: contrast-enhanced MR findings in a rare entity.
Dr. Julie Lynn Voelker M.D.'s Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
MOLINE, IL 61265Get Direction
Dr. Julie Lynn Voelker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Voelker
- The Connection Between Seasonal Affective Disorder and Fibromyalgia
With winter on everyone's doorstep and the snow that comes with it, there are some people who cannot enjoy the winter as much as other people around them.For those who have seasonal affective disorder, they usually do not feel as comfortable as others once the weather changes. Leaves fall, and lands...
- Raising a Child with ADHD
Every parent wants their kids to be as healthy as they can. However, that is not always so easy.ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) is a worry on many parents' minds. Raising a child with ADHD takes extra care. However, there are many ways to still be a great parent to ensure your...
- 5 Tips on Living with ADHD
People suffering from ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) experience a lot of challenges. The symptoms associated with this condition can really be detrimental to an individual’s quality of life. However, being conversant with some useful tips on the management of such symptoms can be...
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Vernon P. Varner1483 Valley View Drive Coralville Iowa 52241
- Arwa Aburizik M.B., B.S.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Amanda Stumpf MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jennifer Ann Donovan M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Johnathon Prentice Yost M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Sandra Dewi Abramoff moehadjir M.D.2591 HOLIDAY RD CORALVILLE IA 52241