Dr. Wayne Sullender is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Sullender specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Pediatrics; Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Pediatrics; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Family Medicine
Dr. Wayne Sullender M.D.'s Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
Aurora, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Wayne Sullender M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- What to Expect on Your Future Visits to the Doctor After You Have Been Diagnosed with Lyme Disease
A diagnosis of Lyme disease immediately calls for a 2-4 week course of antibiotics. Doxycycline, amoxicillin, and cefuroxime axetil are some of the antibiotics most commonly used to treat Lyme disease. However, treatment may still vary depending on the symptoms present and the stage at which the...
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- Treatment for Meningitis
The severity of meningitis varies from one person to another. In common cases, medications can help solve the problem and the person may recover within 1 to 3 weeks. But in cases where there is a risk of the infection spreading to the meninges, hospitalization and other confirmation tests might be...
- What Is Diarrhea: Get the Facts
Diarrhea is a very common water-borne disease. A person who has diarrhea passes loose or liquid stool at least three times a day or more frequently than what is normal for the person. The reason behind the consistency and frequency of these bowel movements in a case of diarrhea is the increased flow...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Susan Cecelia Hutto M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. William Britt M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Masako Shimamura M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Grant Paulsen M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. David Kimberlin M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233
- Dr. Shannon A Ross M.D.1600 7th Ave S Birmingham AL 35233