Dr. Timothy Vollbrecht practices Pulmonology in Traverse City, MI. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Vollbrecht manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Education and Training
Medical College of Wisconsin 2001
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Timothy Joseph Vollbrecht M.D.'s Practice location
Traverse City, MI 49684Get Direction
TRAVERSE CITY, MI 49684Get Direction
Dr. Timothy Joseph Vollbrecht M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Can Asthma Only Be Induced by Allergies?
Asthma describes the conditions and complications following the narrowing of bronchioles within lungs. This results in shortness of breath, coughing and a kind of loud wheezing accompanied by chest tightening.Although asthma can be cured, treated and managed with certain medications and natural...
- Bronchitis: Causes, Risk Factors, and Symptoms
Acute bronchitis is mainly caused by a viral infection, whereas cigarette smoking is the most common cause of chronic bronchitis.Causes of acute bronchitisAcute bronchitis can be caused viral and bacterial organisms. Out of all, the most common viruses responsible for acute bronchitis include...
- How Does Rheumatoid Arthritis Affect the Lungs?
An autoimmune disorder, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) presents as chronic pain and inflammation in the joints. Joint damage usually occurs on both sides of the body, meaning that if a joint in an arm or leg is affected, the same joint in the other arm or leg will likely be affected as well. ...
- Differentiating Croup from Asthma
Croup and asthma are two conditions that involve organs, which are responsible for breathing. Since both conditions affect the respiratory system, it is highly advisable to learn their differences to be able to approach each condition properly.What Is Croup?Croup is typically caused by a virus. It...
- What are the Treatment Options for COPD?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD refers to a group of respiratory diseases characterized by blockage of the airways and difficulty in breathing. The most common respiratory conditions that fall into the group are chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The damage caused by COPD to the...
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation for Patients with COPD
Patients who are diagnosed with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) should expect mucus production that is tenacious, long-term coughing, and extreme fatigue. The main concern with COPD is if permanent scars have developed in the lungs. If scarring does occur, the condition cannot be cured...
- Dr. Joseph Gerard Will M.D.5087 N Royal Dr Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. John Paul Krcmarik M.D.5087 N Royal Dr Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Daniel Michael Navin M.D.5087 N Royal Dr Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Deborah Jo Ochs M.D.5087 N Royal Dr Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Timothy Donald Macon D.O.,F.C.C.P.2062 S U. S. 31 North Traverse City MI 49684
- Dr. Cynthia L Glines M.D.5087 N Royal Dr Traverse City MI 49684