Dr. Johan Septimus Bakken MD
Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease1001 E Superior St Suite L201 Duluth MN, 55802
Dr. Johan Bakken is an infectious disease specialist practicing in Duluth, MN. Dr. Bakken specializes in infections that are difficult to diagnose or unresponsive to treatments, such as HIV or airborne infections from a foreign country. Infectious disease specialists usually work with conditions that are not treatable by a primary physician but it is important to keep contact with the primary physician in order to receive information about the patients history and for deciding which diagnostic tests are appropriate.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1972
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Serum cytokine responses during acute human granulocytic ehrlichiosis.
- Recurrent Clostridium difficile colitis: case series involving 18 patients treated with donor stool administered via a nasogastric tube.
- Analysis of genetic identity of North American Anaplasma phagocytophilum strains by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis.
- Successful treatment of human granulocytic ehrlichiosis in children using rifampin.
- Babesiosis and HIV.
- The fluoroquinolones: how long will their utility last?
- Human granulocytic anaplasmosis and Anaplasma phagocytophilum.
- Human granulocytic anaplasmosis and macrophage activation.
- Ehrlichioses in humans: epidemiology, clinical presentation, diagnosis, and treatment.
- Human granulocytic anaplasmosis.
- Resolution of recurrent Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea using staggered
- Fecal bacteriotherapy for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection.
- A novel chromosomal TEM derivative and alterations in outer membrane proteins together mediate selective ceftazidime resistance in Escherichia coli.
- [Home treatment with parenteral antibiotics--a treatment alternative for Scandinavian patients?].
- Fecal microbiome transplantation for recurrent Clostridium difficile infection: report on a case series.
- Univ Wa Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Ucla Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Lillehammer Hospital 1973
Dr. Johan Septimus Bakken MD's Practice location
Duluth, MN 55802Get Direction
Dr. Johan Septimus Bakken MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bakken
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Borrelia burgdorferi: The Bug Responsible for Lyme Disease
Borrelia burgdorferi is a gram-negative bacterium, which is the causative organism of Lyme disease. It is most commonly found in North America and Europe. Lyme disease is a zoonotic vector-borne disease. A zoonotic disease is a disease that can be transmitted from animals to humans and...
- How is Mononucleosis Diagnosed?
Mononucleosis, nicknamed 'the kissing disease' is an infectious disease spread through saliva and physical contact. Aside from kissing someone with the Epstein-Barr virus, it can be passed through sharing straws, toothbrushes, or eating food from the same plate as an infected person. It is the...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Chickenpox?
What should I do if my child has the chickenpox?...
- Should I Change My Diet If I Have Lyme Disease?
Although Lyme disease is not caused by a poor diet, a change in your diet will be necessary if you get infected. The disease is actually caused by a tick bite. Living with this disease will require you to eliminate some foods from your diet, and focus more on including other types of foods.The...
- Rajesh Manohar Prabhu Other400 E 3rd St Duluth MN 55805
- Kevin Todd Stephan Other400 E 3rd St Duluth MN 55805
- Timothy Lloyd Burke Other400 E 3rd St Duluth MN 55805
- Dr. Andrew Joel Thompson M.D.2800 Chicago Ave Minneapolis MN 55407
- Dr. Linda Lee Vanetta MD1001 E Superior St Duluth MN 55802
- Sara Nilsson Lund M.D.920 E 1ST ST DULUTH MN 55805