Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD
Psychologist | School450 Waverly Avenue Building 4 Suite 11 Patchogue NY, 11772
My goal is to help people to not only feel better, but to get better, be better, and do better. I have experience working with the following specialty areas: treatment for autism, treatment for anxiety, ...
Education and Training
St. John's University, Jamaica NY School Psychology 2011
- Service Award 2012 Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Outstanding Service Award 2014 Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Online Therapy
- School Consultation
- Parenting Issues
- Member -at- Large Suffolk County Psychological Association 2012
- Dr. Laura Van Schaick-HarmanThe Summer it Rained: How Boppy the Beagle Learned to See the Sun Behind the Clouds2013
Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD's Practice location
Patchogue, NY 11772Get Direction
PATCHOGUE, NY 11772Get Direction
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- Adults with Autism May Be More Financially Responsible, Study Suggests
Everybody wants to handle money well and make positive economic choices for their future; however, it often doesn't work out so well. Some believe that being economically responsible is a character trait, but researchers have found that there may be an entirely different correlation for specific...
- 5 Major Health Concerns for Women
According to Saralyn Mark, MD, senior adviser for the Office of Women's Health at the US Department of Health and Human Services, it is important for women to consult with their doctor to discuss their family medical history, to prepare for what they may encounter in their lifetime. Women must be...
- “Cancer Anger” - An Explanation
Following a cancer diagnosis, it is normal to be overwhelmed with a lot of different emotions. Some individuals may feel shocked and frightened, while others may feel sad, guilty, or upset. There is no right way to feel. ...
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport New York 11731
- Dr. Vanessa Fonseca Gomes PHD811 W Jericho Tpke Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Amy Gawrych PSYD73 Deer Park Ave Babylon NY 11702
- Dr. Celeste Regina Gertsen PHD1227 Main St Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Robert Quilty PH.D.139 Main St Stony Brook NY 11790
- Dr. Barbara Carey-shaw PH.D.1 Astor Ave Brookhaven NY 11719