Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD
Psychologist | School450 Waverly Avenue Building 4 Suite 11 Patchogue NY, 11772
My goal is to help people to not only feel better, but to get better, be better, and do better.I have experience working with the following specialty areas: treatment for autism, treatment for anxiety, ...
Education and Training
St. John's University, Jamaica NY School Psychology 2011
- Service Award 2012 Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Outstanding Service Award 2014 Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Online Therapy
- School Consultation
- Parenting Issues
- Member -at- Large Suffolk County Psychological Association 2012
- Dr. Laura Van Schaick-HarmanThe Summer it Rained: How Boppy the Beagle Learned to See the Sun Behind the Clouds2013
Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD's Practice location
Patchogue, NY 11772Get Direction
PATCHOGUE, NY 11772Get Direction
Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD's reviewsWrite Review
- First Place Opens, Allowing Adults With Autism to Gain Independence
Denise D. Resnik and her husband were given a choice when they discovered that their son Matthew had autism: to institutionalize their son as the doctor had recommended, or to love and care for him in the comfort of their own home with a commitment to endless support. Their journey started there and...
- Autism: A Life-Saving Database
One of the biggest concerns facing families of children or adults with autism or Alzheimer’s disease is how to prevent wandering. ...
- What Age Group is Affected by Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is a serious, but curable eating disorder. Common characteristics of binge eating disorder consist of suicide risks, functional weakness and increased rate of the psychiatric condition co-occurring. Body image despair and eating disorders: what’s age got to do with it?The...
- Different Types of Anxiety Disorders You Should Know About
Everyone feels anxious from time to time, but chronic anxiety can adversely impact the quality of your life. While in moderation, anxiety is not a bad thing, but when it becomes intense, it can have serious consequences on your physical health too. Everyone experiences anxiety differently. Some have...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- What Is Extrinsic Motivation?
IntroductionExtrinsic motivation is defined as a reward-driven behavior and is considered as a type of operant conditioning, which is a form of behavior modification that would make use of rewards and punishments. When we talk about extrinsic motivation, it involves the use of rewards or other...
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport New York 11731
- Dr. Celeste Regina Gertsen PHD1227 Main St Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Vanessa Fonseca Gomes PHD811 W Jericho Tpke Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Amy Gawrych PSYD73 Deer Park Ave Babylon NY 11702
- Dr. Christian Thomas Racine PH.D.11 Route 111 Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Jessica Joy Puttre PSY.D.3771 Nesconset Hwy Centereach NY 11720