Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD
Psychologist | School450 Waverly Avenue Building 4 Suite 11 Patchogue NY, 11772
My goal is to help people to not only feel better, but to get better, be better, and do better.I have experience working with the following specialty areas: treatment for autism, treatment for anxiety, ...
Education and Training
St. John's University, Jamaica NY School Psychology 2011
- Service Award2012Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Outstanding Service Award2014Suffolk County Psychological Association
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Online Therapy
- School Consultation
- Parenting Issues
- Member -at- LargeSuffolk County Psychological Association 2012
- Dr. Laura Van Schaick-HarmanThe Summer it Rained: How Boppy the Beagle Learned to See the Sun Behind the Clouds2013
Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD's Practice location
Patchogue, NY 11772Get Direction
PATCHOGUE, NY 11772Get Direction
Dr. Laura Anne Van schaick-harman PSYD's reviewsWrite Review
- Actor with Autism Guest Stars on "The Good Doctor"
Many are watching ABC's new hit "The Good Doctor," which portrays a doctor who has autism spectrum disorder. While the show itself is bringing a lot of awareness into what it's like to have autism, it is making even further progress by having excellent actor, Coby Bird, on the show, who actually has...
- What Is Erectile Dysfunction: Get the Facts
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a condition in which a man is unable to get or maintain an erection long enough during sexual activity to satisfy his sexual needs. The condition was referred as impotence before medical research highlighted the underlying causes. Most men encounter erection problems at...
- Eight Tips to Overcome Procrastination
Are you thinking of ways to overcome procrastination? Well, you have landed in the right place. Procrastination is something every person can do. Even a well-organized person does it. It is a bad, yet a hard habit to break.Have you been putting things off lately? Are your deadlines getting closer...
- The Effects of Sigmund Freud’s Theories to the Modern World
On May 6, 1856, Sigmund Freud was born in the Czech Republic, which was formerly known as Freiberg. Freud came up with the method of psychoanalysis, which is used by modern day psychoanalysts to understand unconscious conflicts after getting some revelation from what their patients desired and...
- Treatment Options for Depression and Anxiety
Anxiety and depression are similar conditions that develop when neurotransmitters, like serotonin, are not as effective. Low serotonin levels, as well as dopamine and epinephrine levels, play an important role in the development of both anxiety and depression. Since both conditions affect the same...
- Understanding Autism: An Outsider's Perspective
Though widely misunderstood just a few decades ago, autism is now at the forefront of many discussions of neurodevelopmental disorders. People both within and outside of the medical community have realized the importance of helping people living with autism, and for good reason.According to the CDC,...
- Dr. Marlene N. Kasman PHD163 Town Line Rd East Northport NY 11731
- Dr. Judith Barbara Rosenblum PH.D.627 Broadway Massapequa NY 11758
- Dr. Celeste Regina Gertsen PHD1227 Main St Port Jefferson NY 11777
- Dr. Amy Gawrych PSYD73 Deer Park Ave Babylon NY 11702
- Dr. Vanessa Fonseca Gomes PHD811 W Jericho Tpke Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. Linda Frances Fazio PH.D.16 Woody Ln Northport NY 11768