Dr. Andrew Wiznia practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Bronx, NY. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Wiznia treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
Columbia Univ Coll of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 1980
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Combination antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus-infected pregnant women.
- Varicella-Zoster virus-specific cell-mediated immunity in HIV-infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy.
- Growth of human immunodeficiency virus-infected children receiving highly active antiretroviral therapy.
- Tetanus immunity after diphtheria, tetanus toxoids, and acellular pertussis vaccination in children with clinically stable HIV infection.
- Cytomegalovirus-specific cell-mediated immunity in HIV-infected children on HAART.
- Pregnancy in women with perinatally acquired HIV-infection: outcomes and challenges.
- Organ system involvement in HIV-infected children.
- Effects of congenital HIV infection on neurodevelopmental status of babies in foster care.
- Impact of HIV-1 infection and pregnancy on maternal health: comparison between perinatally and behaviorally infected young women.
- Human T-cell lymphotropic virus type III (HTLV-III) embryopathy. A new dysmorphic syndrome associated with intrauterine HTLV-III infection.
- Virologic, immunologic, and clinical evaluation of human immunodeficiency virus antibody status of symptom-free children born to infected mothers.
- Zidovudine use to reduce perinatal HIV type 1 transmission in an urban medical center.
- Pediatric HIV infection.
- Testicular abscess due to Streptococcus pneumoniae in an infant with human immunodeficiency virus infection.
- Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Allergy And Immunology; Bronx-Lebanon Hosp Ctr, Pediatrics; Bronx Municipal Hosp Ctr, Pediatrics
- Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center 1981
Dr. Andrew Alan Wiznia M.D.'s Practice location
Bronx, NY 10461Get Direction
Dr. Andrew Alan Wiznia M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- What Is Loratadine: Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
Generic Name: LoratadineBrand Name(s): Alavert, Tavist ND, Dimetapp ND, Claritin RediTabsWhat is loratadine?Loratadine is an antihistamine that blocks the action of histamine, which is a chemical released by mast cells in response to an allergen. When histamine is released, it causes symptoms of...
- Can Sinusitis Cause Vomiting?
Sinusitis is another word for an infection of the sinuses, which are four in number and are positioned at the back of the skull. These air spaces help to carry the skull’s weight. When the sinuses are congested, then infection can occur. There are a few reasons that may cause inflammation of the...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Dr. Caroline G Bauman MD115 Davis Ave White Plains NY 10605
- Dr. Morton Max Teich M.D.930 Park Ave New York NY 10028
- Dr. Anil Gupta MD1624 Crosby Ave Bronx NY 10461
- Dr. Joyce E Yu MD505 E 70th St New York NY 10021
- Dr. Jacob Daniel Kattan M.D.1 Gustave L Levy Pl New York NY 10029
- Dr. Ama Alexis M.D.150 Broadway New York NY 10038