Dr. Michael Houston is an internist practicing in Foley, AL. Dr. Houston specializes in the medical treatment of adults. Internists can act as a primary physician or a consultant to a primary physician. They manage both common and rare diseases. Dr. Houston provides comprehensive care and manages treatment with surgeons as well. Internists establish long-term relationships with their patients and incorporate disease prevention and mental health care into their practice.
Education and Training
Univ of South Al Coll of Med, Mobile Al 1984
University of South Alabama College of Medicine 1984
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Sleep Apnea
- Sleep Disorders
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea (osa)
- Northwestern Mem Hosp, Pulmonary Diseases; Univ Of So Al Hosps, Internal Medicine
Dr. Michael Patrick Houston MD's Practice location
Foley, AL 36535Get Direction
Dr. Michael Patrick Houston MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Houston
- Jodee .
excellent caring physican.
- Young Athletes and Heat-Related Illnesses
Simple measures will help to prevent heat-related illnesses in young athletes while exercising in the heat. According to American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), heat-related illness such as heat exhaustion and heat stroke can be prevented in young athletes just the same way as in adults. One of the...
- What Should I Know About Hangovers?
Many of us seem to know how to enjoy the night out and avoid the most uncomfortable hangover symptoms. Some of the tips seem to work quite well, while few others are just not enough. Many alternatives leave you feeling worse than normal. Many feel that hangovers are not a huge concern. The reality...
- Lyme Disease: Making a Diagnosis
Lyme disease is an infectious disease caused by four different species of bacteria. In Europe and Asia, it spreads through Borrelia afzelii and Borrelia garinii, while in the USA, it spreads through Borrelia burgdorferi and Borrelia mayonii. The disease is transmitted to humans via a common...
- Why Are Chia Seeds Beneficial to our Health?
These seeds were an integral part of Mayan and Aztec diets for years and were used as energy boosters in these early cultures. As many studies show, these seeds are good nutritional addition to foods. Chia seeds come in two colors: dark brown or black. The attractive quality of this food is that it...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Shapewear Garments May Help to Burn More Calories
A new study has shown that women who wear tight shapewear garments during a workout will burn more calories compared to women who do not. The researchers from the University of Virginia say that these garments makes the muscles work harder and burn more calories.In this study, 15 women with the...
- Dr. Awadhesh K Gupta MD1440 N Mckenzie St Foley AL 36535
- Dr. Terry Phillip Bell M.D.18317 Us Hwy 90 Robertsdale AL 36567
- Erin Brooke Bardin MD202 ROCK CREEK PKWY FAIRHOPE AL 36532
- Dr. Billy August MD1851 N Mckenzie St Foley AL 36535
- Dr. Lee Enrico Eslava MD3620 Gulf Shores Pkwy Gulf Shores AL 36542
- Dr. Robert Douglas Collins M.D.1049 Freeboard Blvd Pensacola FL 32507