Dr. John Stoffel is a urologist practicing in Burlington, MA. Dr. Stoffel specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
Washington University In St Louis School of Medicine,St Louis, Mo, United States 1997
Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine 1997
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Dr. John T Stoffel MD's Expert Contributions
Some women can develop incontinence after child birth. It can be related to a weakening of the urethral muscles and the sphincter that holds urine in the bladder. This is called stress incontinence. It can be treated with physical therapy or there are some minimally invasive procedures that can treat the condition. Some women can also develop overactive bladder, which are muscle spasms of the bladder causing incontinence. This can be treated with changes in fluid intake and medications. If the symptoms persist for greater than 8 months after childbirth, you could see a urologist who could help you with figuring out the source of the incontinence and develop a treatment plan for you Best regards John Stoffel, MD READ MORE
- Identification of common themes from after-hour telephone calls made to urology residents.
- The artificial genitourinary sphincter.
- Robotic-assisted ileovesicostomy: initial results.
- The Boari bladder flap: an effective continent stoma for the high-compliance neurogenic bladder.
- Management goals for the spina bifida neurogenic bladder: a review from infancy to adulthood.
- Contemporary management of the neurogenic bladder for multiple sclerosis patients.
- Robotic enterocystoplasty: technique and early outcomes.
- Ileovesicostomy for the neurogenic bladder patient: outcome and cost comparison of open and robotic assisted techniques.
- Paediatric urology: first study of incontinent ileovesicostomy in children.
- Editorial comment.
- Delivery of a massive urinary stone from an augmented bladder using obstetrical forceps.
- The Severity of Bowel Dysfunction in Patients with Neurogenic Bladder.
- TAU focused issue on adult management of neurogenic bladder.
- Detrusor sphincter dyssynergia: a review of physiology, diagnosis, and treatment
- Secondary and tertiary treatments for multiple sclerosis patients with urinary symptoms.
- The Value of Urodynamics in an Academic Specialty Referral Practice.
- A Management Algorithm for Mitomycin C Induced Cystitis.
- Chronic Urinary Retention in Multiple Sclerosis Patients: Physiology, Systematic Review of Urodynamic Data, and Recommendations for Care.
- Introducing "The Impact of Neurologic Disease on the Urinary Tract".
- Non-neurogenic Chronic Urinary Retention: What Are We Treating?
- Extended Case Duration and Hypotension Are Associated With Higher-grade Postoperative Complications After Urinary Diversion for Non-oncological Disease.
- Study protocol: patient reported outcomes for bladder management strategies in spinal cord injury.
- Ambulatory Care Utilization Among Patients with Spina Bifida: Change in Care from Childhood to Adulthood.
- Urinary Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence
- Lahey Clinic
- Lahey Clinic Program
Dr. John T Stoffel MD's Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John T Stoffel MD | Urologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John T Stoffel MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Sex Ed Can Prevent Genital Herpes
Genital herpes is a sexually transmitted infection (STI) that affects people as young as 12. It is a common disease that is mostly transmitted through sexual intercourse, although other forms of direct contact can also lead to transmission. Despite genital herpes being common, more than half of...
- Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Treatments for Erectile DysfunctionErectile dysfunction is a problem that affects the ability of men to have and maintain their erections. It can cause emotional and psychological stress, especially for people with low self-esteem or those who suffer relationship troubles because of it. However, it...
- Holistic Treatments for Testicular Cancer
Cancer affecting the male reproductive system, particularly the sperm and testosterone secreting testes is eminently curable. Unlike many other forms of cancer that ravage the human body, testicular cancer can be eradicated by easily removing its source (the testes) through an inguinal orchiectomy....
- Bisphenol A May Lower the Quantity and Quality of Sperm
A new study has shown that higher levels of bisphenol A (BPA) in urine may lower sperm count and motility in men, affecting their ability to father a child. The results of the study are published in the journal Fertility and Sterility and this is first of its kind to link the levels of BPA to sperm...
- What Is Hydrocele Repair?
Hydrocele repair is a surgical process that aims to correct the swelling of the scrotum that occurs as a result of hydroceles. A hydrocele is a painless buildup of fluid around the testicles. Fluid buildup causes the scrotum and the groin area to swell. This swelling can make you uncomfortable even...
- What is the Correlation Between Urinary Incontinence and Diet?
Urinary incontinence can be controlled to a large extent by one's diet, even though there is nothing called an ‘incontinence diet’. Many times doctors advise their patients to avoid a particular food or drink to improve the symptoms of urinary incontinence. These foods may differ depending on...
- Dr. Liam John Hurley MD231 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845
- Dr. Arthur P Mourtzinos M.D.41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Karim J Hamawy M.D.41 Mall Rd Burlington MA 01805
- Dr. Pierre John Mendoza Other446 Jack Martin Blvd. Brick New Jersey 08724
- Dr. Abdul-rahman Ahmed Babeir MBBS2100 Dorchester Ave. Boston MA 02124
- Dr. Christopher Michael Lodowsky MD22285 N. Pepper Road Barrington IL 60010