Dr. Itzhak Nir MD
Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology1201 Camino de Salud NE Albuquerque NM, 87131
FellowshipSurgical OncologyMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2009-2010)FellowshipMulti-Organ Transplantation SurgeryRecanati-Miller Transplantation Institute,Mt. Sinai Medical ...
Education and Training
Ben Gurion University of The Negev / Faculty of Health Science MD 1994
- Benign Liver Diseases
- Bile Duct Injuries
- Biliary Reconstruction Surgery
- Colorectal Cancer
- Colorectal Surgery
- Foregut Surgery
- Gastric Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Surgery
- Liver Cancer
- Liver Surgery
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Pancreatic Surgery
- Peritoneal Surface Malignancies
- Retroperitoneal Sarcoma
- Cytoreduction Surgery With Hipec
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hadassah University Hospital Mt. Scopus, Jerusalem, Israel Surgery 2005
- Memorial Sloan Kettering, NY Surgical Oncology 2010
- Mt. Sinai, NY Organ Transplantation 2003
Experience & Accolades
- Assistant Professor2010New Mexico University Hospital Cancer CenterAttending
- Interim Surgical Director, Transplantation Surgery2008 - 2009Hadassah University Hospital, Israel
Dr. Itzhak Nir MD's Practice location
Albuquerque, NM 87131Get Direction
ALBUQUERQUE, NM 87106Get Direction
Dr. Itzhak Nir MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Nir
- K b.
Excellent, professional doctor.
- Martha s.
- Roy b.
Overall Review For Dr. Nir, MD.
- Jerry, l.
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- What Is Nodular Melanoma?
Melanoma is a serious skin cancer which arises from pigment cells called as melanocytes. An invasive form of melanoma is called nodular melanoma. Nodular melanoma is a serious skin cancer that got its name from the word "nodule", a doctor’s term for a lump as nodular melanoma lesions are shaped...
- Pink Chair Project Celebrates Survivors of Breast Cancer
Breast cancer is the most common type of cancer among American women, with the exception of skin cancers. It is also the second leading cause of death among women, after lung cancer. The American Cancer Society estimates that there are over 3.1 million breast cancer survivors in the United States,...
- During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, Women Are Able to Get Discounted Mammograms
All throughout the year, different health awareness campaigns take place. They allow individuals with certain health conditions - along with their loved ones, advocacy groups, and support groups - to join together around a common cause and offer support. During these times, educational and...
- What is Testicular Cancer: Get the Facts
Testicular cancer is a malignancy that affects the testes, which are the sex glands in men that are responsible for secreting the male sex hormone testosterone and for producing sperm cells that fertilize female eggs to kick start a pregnancy.Prevalence of testicular cancerIn the United States,...