Dr. William Donald Richie
Psychiatrist | Psychiatry9601 Steilacoom Blvd Sw Lakewood WA, 98498
Dr. William Richie is a psychiatrist practicing in Lakewood, WA. Dr. Richie is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Richie diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Richie may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Richie treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- How to evaluate disability.
- Misconceptions of depression in african americans.
- Frendak to phenis to breivik: an examination of the imposed insanity defense.
- Remaking the American health care system: a positive reflection on the Affordable Care Act with emphasis on mental health care.
- Racial and Ethnic Disparity in Major Depressive Disorder.
Dr. William Donald Richie's Practice location
Lakewood, WA 98498Get Direction
NASHVILLE, TN 37228Get Direction
Dr. William Donald Richie's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Richie
- What is Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder?
Post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD, is an anxiety disorder that a person develops after witnessing a very stressful and terrifying event. In most cases, the person must have faced a life-threatening event or an incident in which serious injury was involved. Events that trigger fear,...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Which Specialists Can Treat ADHD?
People suffering from attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) encounter several challenges including social, academic or professional difficulties. These issues make it important for ADHD patients to receive definitive treatments that work for them. ADHD is also very common among children....
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- Dr. Marcy Meyer M.D.4401 BRIDGEPORT WAY W UNIVERSITY PLACE WA 98466
- Dr. Julie Farrington MD2727 Hollycroft St Gig Harbor WA 98335
- Dr. William Samuel Kelly MD9600 Veterans Dr Sw Tacoma WA 98493
- Dr. William Charles Keppler M.D.Madigan Army Medical Ctr Tacoma WA 98431
- Dr. Jennifer Ann Irwin M.D.618 N G St Tacoma WA 98403
- Dr. Juliana Ellis-billingsley M.D.Madigan Army Medical Center Tacoma WA 98431