Dr. Manuel Perez is a gastroenterologist practicing in Corpus Christi, TX. Dr. Perez specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Perez performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med, Baltimore Md 1974
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1974
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Colon Polyps
- Hepatitis C
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Gastroenterology; Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Arizona) Program
Dr. Manuel Mireles Perez MD's Practice location
Corpus Christi, TX 78404Get Direction
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX 78412Get Direction
Dr. Manuel Mireles Perez MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- Surgeon, Robot Build Former Rice University Quarterback Artificial Colon
In 2013, 18-year-old Carter Tomsu was in his freshman year at Rice University and enjoying his days as a quarterback on the football team. That is, until his health took a turn for the worse. “The first thing I noticed was just an increase in bowel movements, found blood and mucous in my stool and...
- Does Crohn's or Colitis Put Someone at Risk for Another Disease?
As Ben Franklin said, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure,” and if you have Crohn’s Disease or colitis, you know there are fewer mantras truer than this.The symptoms of IBD and some of the medical treatments that go along with it can all put you at risk for various ailments and...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- The History of Celiac Disease
What is celiac disease?A gluten-free diet is a must for people with celiac disease, which is an autoimmune disorder that can get triggered by gluten. Gluten is a protein that is usually found in foods such as wheat, rye, and barley. When people with celiac disease ingest this protein, damage to the...
- What You Can Expect When Getting Crohn’s Infusions
Crohn’s disease, an inflammatory bowel disease, triggers inflammation of the digestive tract. This, in turn, can lead to severe symptoms, including abdominal pain, fatigue, persistent diarrhea, weight loss, and malnutrition. While there is no cure for the disease, there are several treatments...
- Dr. Maria Ellionore Sehgal MD1301 Ocean Dr Corpus Christi TX 78404
- Dr. Jose M Duran M.D.2222 Morgan Ave Corpus Christi TX 78405
- Dr. Luis A Armstrong M.D.613 Elizabeth St Corpus Christi TX 78404
- Dr. Roberto Ponce MD5700 N Expressway Brownsville TX 78526
- Dr. Carlos Roberto Ponce MD5700 N Expressway Brownsville TX 78526