Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD
Hepatologist | Hepatology1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA, 70121
Dr. Vivek Huilgol is a hepatologist practicing in New Orleans, LA. Dr. Huilgol specializes in the study of body parts such as the liver, the biliary tree, the gallbladder and the pancreas. Hepatologists manage disorders in these areas and are specifically known for treating viral hepatitis. Patients who have received liver transplants also follow up with hepatologists after their procedure.
Education and Training
The Flinders Univ of So Australia, Sch of Med MD
Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD's Practice location
NEW ORLEANS, LA 70115Get Direction
Dr. Vivek Ramesh Huilgol MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Huilgol
- Can Hepatitis A Impact Your Quality of Life?
Hepatitis is the swelling of the liver, and this condition can be mostly curable but certain cases lead to fibrosis, liver cancer or complete liver failure. Hepatitis viruses are one of the leading sources of hepatitis, but other infections and substances like alcohol and drugs can also cause...
- How Alcohol Abuse Can Influence Liver Cancer
Alcohol, what really is alcohol? From the scientific point of view, it is an organic compound. In this case, we look at it as a beverage made through the process of sugar fermentation. Alcohol can be highly intoxicating. Alcohol abuse entails the recurrent and harmful usage of alcohol.Alcohol abuse...
- Can Liver Diseases Lead to Liver Cancer?
What is a liver disease?Liver disease refers to medical complications that cause the liver to be damaged, making it unable to perform its functions properly. The liver is among the most valuable and life-sustaining organs in the body. The reason is that it carries out many important functions that...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Liver Cancer?
Liver cancer is a condition that is characterized by the abnormal or cancerous growth of liver cells. Liver cells are also called as hepatocytes. Hence, liver cancer can also be called as hepatocellular cancer. Although other cell types can become cancerous, the most common cause of liver cancer is...
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- What Are the Risk Factors for Liver Cancer?
A liver cancer risk factor is something that increases your chances of getting liver cancer. Different types of cancer have different risk factors. Some risk factors can be controlled such as smoking. On the other hand, age and family history cannot be changed, which means that some risk factors...
- Mr. Brian Bahman Borg MD, MHS1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Nigel Girgrah MD PHD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. David W Victor M.D.1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Dr. Shobha N. Joshi M.D.1514 Jefferson Highway New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. Chaithanya Mallikarjun MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121
- Dr. George Therapondos MD1514 Jefferson Hwy New Orleans LA 70121