Dr. Erik F. Rahimi M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology6431 Fannin St Msb 4,234 Houston TX, 77030
Dr. Erik Rahimi is a gastroenterologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Rahimi specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Rahimi performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Experience & Accolades
- Gastroenterology / Assistant Professor2015 - 2018UT Health Science Center at Houston
Dr. Erik F. Rahimi M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
LAKEWAY, TX 78738Get Direction
Austin, TX 78738Get Direction
Dr. Erik F. Rahimi M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rahimi
- Is Cirrhosis of the Liver a form of Cancer?
The liver is a vital and also, the largest organ in the human body. Its large size is a clear indication of the many roles it plays in the human body.Some of its functions include:...
- Non-Alcoholic Beer for People with Crohn’s Disease
When a person is diagnosed with Crohn’s disease, often the first thing that is prescribed is a change in diet.Any disease of the gastrointestinal tract affects a person’s ability to properly digest food, and Crohn’s disease especially can prevent a person from getting the necessary nutrients...
- What Are Treatment Options for the Stomach Flu?
What is the stomach flu?The stomach flu, as the name indicates, is not related to the respiratory disease influenza. It is the common name for gastroenteritis, a condition characterized by irritation and inflammation of the gut. This disease spreads through contaminated food and water, and is caused...
- Crohn's Symptom-Intensifying Bacterium Targeted: What This Means for Treatment
A recent study done on mice at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine illuminated that a microscopic fungus by the name of Candida tropicalis is able to start gut inflammation and intensify symptoms of Crohn's disease. These findings were presented at Digestive Disease Week from May 5-9,...
- What Triggers Heartburn?
Heartburn is a very uncomfortable situation that transpires in the body, characterized by a fiery sensation in the lower chest cavity. Heartburn is typically initiated after the consumption of certain foods and beverages. The fiery sensation an individual will experience is then followed by a bitter...
- How Is Diarrhea Diagnosed?
Diarrhea is a waterborne and foodborne disease that may occur due to an infection caused by viruses, bacteria, or parasites. Diarrhea can also happen as a side effect from food allergies and food intolerances. The condition is characterized by loose or watery stools, which is usually accompanied by...
- Dr. Rashid H. Khan MD4002 Garth Rd Baytown Texas 77521
- Dr. Ayub Hussain M.D.18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070
- Dr. Atilla Ertan M.D.6400 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030
- Dr. John Mathias MD7501 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054
- Dr. Sheela Chandra MD110 Player Oaks Place Woodlands Texas 77382
- Dr. Homayon Sidiq M.D.2727 W Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77025