Dr. Virgil Pate is a urologist practicing in Amarillo, TX. Dr. Pate specializes in diseases of the urinary tract and the male reproductive system. This includes areas of the bladder, urethra, kidneys, penis and prostate. Urology is a surgical specialty and requires knowledge in other areas of expertise such as gynecology and internal medicine due to the variety of clinical problems that are involved.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1970
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (bph)
- Prostate Cancer
- Kidney Stones
- Urinary Incontinence
- Enlarged Prostate
- Bladder Cancer
- Urinary Tract Infection (uti)
- Methodist Health System Dallas Program
Dr. Virgil Albert Pate MD's Practice location
Dr. Virgil Albert Pate MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are Antibiotics Better Than Cranberry Capsules to Prevent Bladder Infections?
According to a new study, daily doses of antibiotics are more effective than cranberry capsules in controlling bladder infections in women. According to experts the study had some serious drawbacks which made cranberries to look less effective than antibiotics. It is not yet time to count out the...
- Prostate Cancer: What Are the Symptoms If It Is Not Asymptomatic?
Prostate cancer tends to affect only men. The incidence of prostate cancer is on the increase and tends to be more common in the western world. The causes of prostate cancer are poorly understood. However, risks factors include a positive family history, environmental and dietary factors. The...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What is Bladder Cancer: Get the Facts
What is Bladder Cancer?: Get the FactsBladder cancer is a condition caused by Bladder abnormal tissue/cell growth also known as tumor. As its name suggests, Bladder Cancer occurs as a result of abnormal growth of cells lining the Bladder. The tumor spreads into the adjacent muscles and other cells...
- What is Porn-Induced Erectile Dysfunction?
Today's market is full of medicines available to control sexual activities. Most of the techniques are available to enhance the sexual interest among the people of all different age groups and help in performing sexual activities. Every day, the market gets buzzed with new form of sexual devices,...
- Dr. Ronald Wayne Ford MD1900 Medi Park Dr Amarillo TX 79106
- Dr. Michael Dee Wilkerson MD1900 Medi Park Dr Amarillo TX 79106
- Dr. William H Bordelon M.D.1600 S Coulter St Amarillo TX 79106
- Robert Lee Buford Other4 Medical Dr Amarillo TX 79106
- Dr. Robert Houston Ritter MD1900 Medi Park Dr Amarillo TX 79106
- Dr. James Rex Lemert M.D.1900 MEDI PARK DR AMARILLO TX 79106