Dr. John E Grunow MD
Gastroenterologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Gastroenterology1200 N Phillips Ave Suite 9500 Oklahoma City OK, 73104
Dr. John Grunow is a pediatric gastroenterologist practicing in Oklahoma City, OK. Dr. Grunow specializes in digestive system, liver or nutritional problems in children from the newborn period to their teens. Conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, lactose intolerance, chronic constipation or obesity can all be treated by a pediatric gastroenterologist.
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
- Atypical presentations of celiac disease: recurrent intussusception and pneumatosis intestinalis.
- Contamination of enteral nutrition systems during prolonged intermittent use.
- Pilot Development of an Electronic Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease Quiz Game.
- Gastroesophageal reflux following percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in children.
- Scintigraphic detection of an occult abdominal bleed in a child.
- A randomized study of oral metoclopramide in small bowel biopsy of infants and children.
- Randomized study of premedication for esophagogastroduodenoscopy in children and adolescents.
- Gastroparesis in neonatal myotonic dystrophy.
- Gastroesophageal reflux in Rubinstein--Taybi syndrome.
- Emesis in infants as a consequence of feedings.
- Energy expenditure in cystic fibrosis during activities of daily living.
- Environmental tobacco smoke exposure and gastroesophageal reflux in infants with apparent life-threatening events.
- Nonendoscopic removal of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tubes: morbidity and mortality in children.
- Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Gastroenterology; Univ Ok Hlth Sci Ctr, Pediatrics; Univ Hosp & Clinics, Pediatrics
Dr. John E Grunow MD's Practice location
Oklahoma City, OK 73104Get Direction
Dr. John E Grunow MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Grunow
- IBD Severity in Children Can Be Predicted by Genetic Testing
The good news for children suffering from IBD and their parents is that a group of Norwegian research scientists has had a recent breakthrough in determining a new test to both diagnose and categorize IBD through the profiling of the bacterial composition of the large bowel.Inflammatory bowel...
- What Is Newborn Jaundice?
Jaundice is a harmless condition that often affects newborn babies, which makes the skin and whites of the eyes become yellowish. The medical description of jaundice in newborns is neonatal jaundice. It can occur if high levels of bilirubin are found in the blood and body tissues of...
- What Is Reye's Syndrome: Causes and Treatments
What is Reye’s syndrome?Reye's syndrome is a rare but serious condition that can cause swelling of the liver and brain. Even though this condition can occur at any age, it is mostly reported to affect children and teenagers, especially those who are trying to recover from viral infections, such as...
- Encopresis: How Can I Help My Child?
What is encopresis?Encopresis is a disorder characterized by the involuntary leaking of poop due to chronic constipation. This disorder is usually observed in children 4 years old and above.In encopresis, the wall and the nerves of the bowel are stretched when poop is held on for a longer time. This...
- Does My Baby Have Acid Reflux?
Spit out what they have just been fed; this is known as reflux or posseting. This is not vomiting. It is important to learn the difference between vomiting and reflux. In vomiting, the muscles contract to forcefully expel the contents of the stomach, whereas in reflux, it is a spontaneous expulsion...
- Why Patients' Role in Research is Crucial for Finding a Cure for Celiac Disease
When it comes to celiac disease, there is a lot that is known and a whole lot more that still remains a mystery. At a recent symposium called Beyond Celiac Research, experts came together to discuss what can be done to improve and increase research around celiac disease and possible treatment...
- Dr. Thomas Joseph Sferra MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Camilla Fraga-lovejoy MD1200 Everett Dr Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Marilyn Irene Steele MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Candaca M Marshall MD1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Mr. Muhammad A. Altaf M.D.1200 N Phillips Ave Oklahoma City OK 73104
- Dr. Judith Ann O'connor M.D.1200 N PHILLIPS AVE STE 14400 OKLAHOMA CITY OK 73104