Dr. Matthew Spragg practices Emergency Medicine in Iowa City, IA. Dr. Spragg assesses patients who seek immediate medical attention at any time of day or night. Emergency Medicine Physicians are trained to efficiently work with each patient and situation no matter how acute or life-threatening. Dr. Spragg examines patients, determines means of testing, diagnoses conditions, and decides the best treatment methods.
Education and Training
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine 2000
Emergency MedicineAmerican Board of Emergency MedicineABEM
- the American College of Emergency Medici, ACEP 2009 Fellow
- Synergy Medical Edu Alliance - Emergency Med, Saginaw, MI -Expedited Endorsement 2004
- Synergy Medical Education Alliance 2004
Dr. Matthew T Spragg DO's Practice location
Iowa City, IA 52242Get Direction
Hendersonville, NC 28791Get Direction
Dr. Matthew T Spragg DO's reviewsWrite Review
- What is the encephalitis causes and prevention?
What is encephalitis?Encephalitis means inflammation of the brain. Fever, headache, and joint pain are often experienced in the early stages of encephalitis. Other severe symptoms may develop over some days or hours. They include personality changes, seizures, disorientation, confusion, or...
- What Is a CPK Lab Test?
What is creatine phosphokinase (CPK)?Creatine phosphokinase (CPK) is an enzyme, which is predominantly present in the heart, brain, and skeletal muscles. Converting creatine into phosphate is the main task of this enzyme. The cells of the body then quickly consume or burn this phosphate and use it...
- What Are Ketones?
Almost every cell in the body has a primary source of energy, which is usually glucose. However, when the body doesn't have enough glucose, the liver responds by producing chemicals known as ketones, converting stored fatty acids into ketone bodies. Ketones are used as a backup fuel source when...
What is lightheadedness?Lightheadedness or feeling faint may not always be a cause for concern. However, it may also indicate an underlying health problem and can increase the risk of falling and fall-related injuries. If you feel lightheaded, drink water or fluids containing electrolytes and take...
- Influenza B: What You Need to Know
Influenza Influenza, also commonly called as the flu, is a highly contagious respiratory infection caused by viruses, particularly influenza A or influenza B. These viruses usually infect the throat, nose, and lungs. Although the flu causes mild symptoms in most people, it can also cause severe...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Andrew P Weiss M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Christopher P Hogrefe M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Jerry L. Browne M.D.500 E MARKET ST IOWA CITY IA 52245
- Dr. Nicholas M. Mohr MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Olivia Erin Bailey MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Michael Takacs MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242