Hima B Prabhakar MD
Radiologist | Diagnostic Ultrasound800 Spruce Street Suite 600 Philadelphia PA, 19107
Dr. Hima Prabhakar is a radiologist practicing in Philadelphia, PA. Dr. Prabhakar specializes in diagnosing and treating injuries and diseases using medical imaging techniques such as X-Rays, magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography exams. These techniques offer accurate visibility to the inside of the patients body and help to detect otherwise hidden illnesses so that they can be treated quickly and efficiently.
Education and Training
Umdnj-Robt W Johnson Med Sch- New Brunswick Nj 2001
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Mass Gen Hosp, Diagnostic Radiology; Crozer-Chester Med Ctr, Transitional Year
Hima B Prabhakar MD's Practice location
Philadelphia, PA 19107Get Direction
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
Hima B Prabhakar MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Prabhakar
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Paul O\'Moore M.D.1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19001
- Scott H. Faro MD3401 North Broad Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19140
- Valerie Hunt1521 Evergreen Lane Paoli Pennsylvania 19312
- Sandeep Deshmukh MD132 South 10th Street Philadelphia Pennsylvania 19107
- Nancy A. Lee M.D.1200 Old York Road Abington Pennsylvania 19090
- Joan Mack20 Conshohocken State Road Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania 19004