Dr. Benjamin Ware Starnes MD, FACS
Vascular Surgeon | Vascular Surgery325 NINTH AVE SEATLE WA, 98104
Dr. Benjamin Starnes is a vascular surgeon practicing in SEATLE, WA. Dr. Starnes specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Starnes diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
- Popliteal artery trauma in a forward deployed Mobile Army Surgical Hospital: lessons learned from the war in Kosovo.
- Atherosclerosis as inflammation.
- Peacekeeping and stability operations: a military surgeon's perspective.
- Limb salvage and outcomes among patients with traumatic popliteal vascular injury: an analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank.
- Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysms: remote aortic occlusion for the general surgeon.
- Vascular trauma: endovascular management and techniques.
- Vascular surgery on the modern battlefield.
- Successful angioaccess.
- Blunt carotid and vertebral artery injuries.
- Endovascular treatment of massive thoracic aortic thrombus and associated ruptured atheroma.
- Hypothermia is associated with increased mortality in patients undergoing repair of ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm.
- Treating blunt aortic injuries with endografts: pros and cons of a meta-analysis.
- Hybrid-fenestrated aortic aneurysm repair: a novel technique for treating patients with para-anastomotic juxtarenal aneurysms.
- Contemporary management of blunt aortic injury.
- Cystic adventitial disease of the common femoral vein.
- Physician-modified endovascular grafts for the treatment of elective, symptomatic, or ruptured juxtarenal aortic aneurysms.
- Three-dimensional ultrasonography measurements after endovascular aneurysm repair.
- A surgeon's perspective regarding the regulatory, compliance, and legal issues involved with physician-modified devices.
- Early report from an investigator-initiated investigational device exemption clinical trial on physician-modified endovascular grafts.
- Endovascular repair of an internal mammary artery aneurysm in a patient with SMAD-3 mutation.
- Endovascular repositioning of a migrated stent graft using "endoanchor capture".
- Successful emergent endovascular repair of a ruptured mycotic thoracic aortic aneurysm.
- Outcomes after stent graft therapy for dissection-related aneurysmal degeneration in the descending thoracic aorta.
- Custom fenestration templates for endovascular repair of juxtarenal aortic aneurysms.
- Variability in transfer criteria for patients with ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm in the western United States.
- Endovascular treatment of thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm using physician-modified endografts.
- Efficacy of a novel fluoroscopy-free endovascular balloon device with pressure release capabilities in the setting of uncontrolled junctional hemorrhage.
- Invited commentary.
- Call for a new classification system and treatment strategy in blunt aortic injury.
- Endovascular Repair of Blunt Thoracic Aortic Injuries With the Zenith Alpha Thoracic Device: Updated Outcomes From the TRANSFIX Study.
- Bifurcated-bifurcated aneurysm repair is a novel technique to repair infrarenal aortic aneurysms in the setting of iliac aneurysms.
- Abnormal molecular response to Takayasu arteritis causing extensive large-vessel calcification.
- The Incidence of Ischemic Colitis after Repair of Ruptured Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms Is Decreasing in the Endovascular Era.
- Nitric oxide mediates acute lung injury by modulation of inflammation.
Dr. Benjamin Ware Starnes MD, FACS's Practice location
SEATLE, WA 98104Get Direction
Dr. Benjamin Ware Starnes MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Starnes
- What Is Varicose Vein Stripping?
A vein is a blood vessel that carries blood through your body. Varicose veins are one among a spectrum of chronic vein problems. It is common and can be found in up to 20% of the adult population. The severity of the condition varies and while varicose veins are responsible for significant...
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...
- What Specialists Treat Varicose Veins?
Veins that are twisted, engorged and noticeable are referred as varicose veins. They normally form in the legs, although they can also develop anywhere on the body. This condition is frequent. The signs and symptoms of varicose veins are not many. Mild, skin ulcers and blood clots can arise from...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Dr. Ramandeep Singh Sidhu MD1301, 4th Ave NW Issaquah WA 98027
- Dr. Sherene Shalhub MD400 S 43rd St Renton WA 98055
- Dr. Paul Gregory Hayes MD2704 Henry St Greensboro NC 27405
- Dr. Mark P. Ombrellaro MD1135 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. George N. Beito M.D.2700 152nd Ave Ne Redmond WA 98052
- Dr. Matthew P Sweet M.D.University Of Washington Department Of Seattle WA 98195